Bar ends?

cmarsdavis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,
The guy I got my bike from had dropped it on the right side and therefore scratched up the bar end on that side. I found these on ebay:
eBay Motors: R6 Bar Ends Yamaha YZF YZFR6 600 99-05 00 01 02 03 04 (item 390020733510 end time Jan-06-09 19:02:54 PST)

What do you guys think? For less than $20, it seems good to me, but I'm new to the FZ. What do you guys use if you're not using stock ends?

I also found these...I like the look of these even better...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YZF6...213?IMSfp=TL0812131210003r36903#ht_1632wt_919

Last edited:

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure they will fit. Read the cautions about compatiblity with other models in the ad.

Side note: When I changed bars on my FZ I used some aluminum bar ends that did not weight near as much as the stock ends. The vibration in the bars was significantly worse. I ended up buying some bar ends for an '06 SV650 to fit my aftermarket bars.

The FZ needs heavy bar ends to dampen the vibes.

cmarsdavis

Reaction score
Visit site
if you have the funds for it I would look into Throttlemisters they offer more than just bar end wieghts if you do any kind of long distance riding they are well worth it . I know a couple people that have them on there bikes and they really like them

Throttlemeister - Home

The guy I bought the bike from already had some sort of "cruise control" on the bike, so I don't really need that. I just need something to replace my current bar ends that are scuffed on one side. Next will be the right side mirror that he scuffed as well :)

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure they will fit. Read the cautions about compatiblity with other models in the ad.

Side note: When I changed bars on my FZ I used some aluminum bar ends that did not weight near as much as the stock ends. The vibration in the bars was significantly worse. I ended up buying some bar ends for an '06 SV650 to fit my aftermarket bars.

The FZ needs heavy bar ends to dampen the vibes.

when i dropped my bike the bars were bent and the bar end was damaged. So i went to the dealer and ordered a new set. Turns out the bars they got were different. On the throttle side of the new bars they were threaded, on the bent stock one's it was a closed end with a Allen key hole. So i had to order new bar ends.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the idea of bar ends, I plan on puting some on my bike along with some frame sliders also, we all could use some protection for our beloved bikes.