Bar End Size

Size? You either have to go with original equipment or the very few aftermarket ones who make specific bar ends for FZ6.

The cheap ones with expanding nuts won't work well on FZ6 bars. Our bars have threaded inserts.

Which ones are you thinking of ordering?

Original bar ends use the following thread size: M16 x 1.5 pitch

Those will not work on FZ6 bars. As I mentioned, our bars have threaded inserts and bar ends thread directly into them (M16 x 1.5 pitch).

Also, the ones you posted are very light.. which will translate into a lot more vibration at the handlebar.

Best options are OEM or better yet, HVMP: Yamaha FZ-6 & FZ1

Thanks for the help Erci, but, as i live in the U.K those from HVMP are going to cost me $105.00 dollars to ship here (£63.00), which is too pricey IMO for bar ends and out of my price range. Do you know where to get OEM Bar Ends?

Thanks for the help Erci, but, as i live in the U.K those from HVMP are going to cost me $105.00 dollars to ship here (£63.00), which is too pricey IMO for bar ends and out of my price range. Do you know where to get OEM Bar Ends?

There are a lot of companies in the states which sell OEM parts at reduced cost. For example partshark.com lists each bar end at $25.46 (you need 2). The shipping may be pricey though.

The part number you need is: 51J-26246-01-00

eBay also has a bunch of cheap offerings.. just keep in mind these will be much lighter than OEM (more vibration)

Yamaha FZR YZF XJ 600 600R FZ6 FZ1 Ultimate Chrome Bar Ends | eBay

Yamaha FZR YZF XJ 600 600R FZ6 FZ1 Ultimate Bar Ends | eBay

Yamaha FZR YZF XJ 600 600R FZ6 FZ1 Billet Bar Ends | eBay

There are a lot of companies in the states which sell OEM parts at reduced cost. For example partshark.com lists each bar end at $25.46 (you need 2). The shipping may be pricey though.

The part number you need is: 51J-26246-01-00

eBay also has a bunch of cheap offerings.. just keep in mind these will be much lighter than OEM (more vibration)

Yamaha FZR YZF XJ 600 600R FZ6 FZ1 Ultimate Chrome Bar Ends | eBay

Yamaha FZR YZF XJ 600 600R FZ6 FZ1 Ultimate Bar Ends | eBay

Yamaha FZR YZF XJ 600 600R FZ6 FZ1 Billet Bar Ends | eBay

Thanks for these, managed to find a UK site that offer these 2 options for Bar Ends:

Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 04-05 Handlebar End Weight Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer

Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 04-05 Handlebar End Weight - Pair Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer

Might go for the lighter ones, as I've been riding for 2 days now, and i think i'm liking the lighter feel without the Bar Ends. As my daily journey is never more than 4-5 miles, i don't have a problem with the vibration at the moment, but a few days more riding without Bar Ends will help make my mind up.

Back