Baltimore to Shenandoah National Park 5/30 returning 5/31

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am planning to ride from Baltimore area to Shenandoah National Park, and camp in the park on 5/30 and do the return ride the following day.

For those not familiar with the area, the road through Shenandoah NP is commonly known as skyline drive, and for good reason.

This is not only a fun relaxing ride to a beautiful destination, but also a chance for me to see what I plan on bringing during my 6 weeks of camping from the bike.

Anyone who wants to join me for any or all of the ride is welcome to do so. I always enjoy company on the bike.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will definitely take a lot of pictures during the big 6 week trip. I will try and take some this weekend as well though!!

Thanks Lytehouse!

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking of a route something like this with basically no highways on the way out to Shenandoah NP.

The pin just north of Olney is a really nice little ride including going over a dam for a DC reservoir. The pin on US 15 is just so I can see that road instead of US 340 which I drive every time I visit my Dad. Pin in Winchester is for a short little stop to visit my Dad (who lives in Winchester), a great excuse to stretch my legs as well. I will definitely be riding more of Skyline Drive than shown on the map, but that is as far as the campground is. I might set up camp to stretch my legs first, then ride more, or I might ride more the next day.

None of this is set in stone, so I am open to suggestions from anyone and glad to make changes to accommodate anyone wanting to join.

YYE4cwY.png

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bump, I will check one tomorrow morning before leaving (plus any other times I check the forum tonight) so feel free to make a post or send me a message if anyone is interested or has any questions, tomorrow and Saturday are both supposed to be beautiful. Anyone is welcome to join one or both days just let me know if you want to meet up for the ride anywhere.

Brackson

Touring Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what everyone missed this morning.

CgrKLVl.jpg

Its a beautiful day today, as was yesterday afternoon/evening.