Bagster dillema

Superchimp

Reaction score
www.niemal.pl
Hey guys,

There is a bagster tank cover offered to me. I'm really interested but I'm worried it won't fit my 2007 fz6.

Can anyone help me with that?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, and it fits like a dream, only a very small 2cm strip of tank is not covered, where the tank sits above the top frame rail. Keeps tank paint in perfect condition, and saved my tank from much more serious damage in my recent accident.

Also has a great range of tank bags available from Bagster, that clip straight on in seconds...cant recommend Bagster enough.

here's a few pics of it on my bike...note the vinyl i have put on the tank to cover up the oranginal orange tank colour "peaking" out from under the cover.
View attachment 13189

View attachment 13190

View attachment 13191
:rockon:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, and it fits like a dream, only a very small 2cm strip of tank is not covered, where the tank sits above the top frame rail. Keeps tank paint in perfect condition, and saved my tank from much more serious damage in my recent accident.

Also has a great range of tank bags available from Bagster, that clip straight on in seconds...cant recommend Bagster enough.

here's a few pics of it on my bike...note the vinyl i have put on the tank to cover up the oranginal orange tank colour "peaking" out from under the cover.
View attachment 13189

View attachment 13190

View attachment 13191
:rockon:
Damn that is an easy way to change the colour of your bike! :D I am loving the polished wheels on the last pic. :rockon:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Expect it to take quite a while to ship...I believe they are made to order (at least for the US distrib.)

3116842345_849b00d697_b.jpg

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
i have problems fitting on my bagster...only using them for trips..so it will be on and off..

any tips in getting them skin tight?:confused:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have problems fitting on my bagster...only using them for trips..so it will be on and off..

fit the bra wet and pull those straps mighty tight...leave on for a day, then it should be fine.

They are very tight initially , but they do stretch a little.

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '04 Fazer with fairing (its the new shape with the underseat exhausts) - would a bagster cover my tank even though it has a fairing? A nice friendly biker parked so close the other day he scratched my tank with his bars! That's why I'm thinking this might be a good way to prevent that from happening again. (I would prefer not to cover up my pretty paintwork at all - ohwell)

Anyway, I've only been riding 3 weeks so any advice would be appreciated.

Jon

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
i would like to know this too. can someone please answer. btw where i can order is in north america. thanks :rockon:
The fairing doesn't touch the tank so it would be fine. Just be more of a pain when fitting it as you'd need to remove those two little bits of inner fairing to get to the tank.

copperhd5

Reaction score
Visit site

I have Bagster tank covers on my FJR and 919. The best way I have found to get them tight and "form fitted" is to put them on in the sun (heat) and let it sit for a little bit. That will give it a bit more elasticity to fit the form of the tank better.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '04 Fazer with fairing (its the new shape with the underseat exhausts) - would a bagster cover my tank even though it has a fairing? A nice friendly biker parked so close the other day he scratched my tank with his bars! That's why I'm thinking this might be a good way to prevent that from happening again. (I would prefer not to cover up my pretty paintwork at all - ohwell)

Anyway, I've only been riding 3 weeks so any advice would be appreciated.

Jon

bagster tank bra will fit on a faired fz6.

economarte

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Bagster tank covers on my FJR and 919. The best way I have found to get them tight and "form fitted" is to put them on in the sun (heat) and let it sit for a little bit. That will give it a bit more elasticity to fit the form of the tank better.

+1 here
i have it on my FZ6 N 2008, i had it in the sun for a while, it becomes soft and you can easily fit it on the tank

Nightshader

Reaction score
Visit site
Lets kick this grandma post awake :D

I'm looking for the exact Bagster-bra black leather productcode to fit a FZ6 S2 '08. Is it 'easy/special/traditional' - lost in choices here.

My best guess would be the model: 1507U

Thanks!

Last edited: