Baffles

Eagletalon

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Dan Moto

My two cents to you are keep an eye open for when a brand exhaust pops up. A few of us here ended up getting Scorpion exhaust at a great price on Amazon. I rather spend a little more on key parts for peace of mind.

Later
Jon

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Dan Moto

My two cents to you are keep an eye open for when a brand exhaust pops up. A few of us here ended up getting Scorpion exhaust at a great price on Amazon. I rather spend a little more on key parts for peace of mind.

Later
Jon

+1 ^^^. The Scorps come with a lifetime warranty, NO re-packing, sound deeper than others I've heard.

Mine are 7 years old, done nothing but wash, spritz of spray wax and they still look new

If you plan on keeping the bike, IMO, get a quality product.

zixaq

Quote: "all it does is change the sound". end quote.

Yes, any after market pipe is generally louder(not counting DB killers), BUT also allow MORE air flow, less weight, less heat build up under the passenger seat as well

Last edited:

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't recommend cheaper exhausts, sound may be buzzier and extremely loud.
You would look for second hand decent pipes, I'm using leo vince and my mate has akrapovic branded one. Also, my .02, cat-delete types (like leo vince) are buzzier oftenly than only slip-ons. But louder, too.:rockon:

fz6-

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all for the suggestions I will look into it, I just cant wrap my head around spending $600+ for slip ons. Am i the only one that feels this way?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all for the suggestions I will look into it, I just cant wrap my head around spending $600+ for slip ons. Am i the only one that feels this way?

It depends on your specific head. Lol! I've spent a lot of money on exhaust, fuel controller, and having the bike tuned on a dyno. It was still cheaper than a dentist who would charge a lot more $$$$ to make my smile the way it did... :D :rockon:

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I spent a little over $500 back in 2010 for mine.

Was it worth it? Once their installed and you start the bike(DB killers out), you'll likely be very happy and the best farkle you've added to the bike..

It won't sound like a sewing machine anymore.

Keep the stocker, you can always put the bike back to stock and sell the Scorps easily for $500... You won't....:rockon:

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I completely felt this way... less strongly as time went by... and then found a sale on amazon for them just recently. I do like the sound, and it is not sewing-machine-like (I blame Scott for planting that meme in my head). Is it worth it? $600 are some really nice power tools - at least that is how I weigh things typically. I got quite a bit south of that, cost-wise, which helped me justify it in my head. Just keep looking around, you'll find something - but yes it has been worth it to me.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site

Also feel this way. I find $600+ excessive for a pair of cans; so are parts for motorcycle in general. I would have given DanMoto a chance if they weren't so loud. A lot of YouTubers have tried them successfully and even though relatively unknown, they have been around for a little while and seem to be getting traction.I ended up getting a good deal on another brand on eBay. It was an Italian seller listing on Ebay Australia in Australian $. With the conversion rate etc, it came down to $500 shipping included. Whatever you decide - you have to get rid of that OEM exhaust :)

madtriker

Reaction score
Visit site
First thing I bought for my bike was set of two brothers exhausts yes expensive but love how it sounds. Smile everytime I start it and that was 3 years ago, worth every penny! Feels like a completely different bike!