baffles how they work.

moorala

Reaction score
Visit site
may be a silly question but does anybody know if the sound from the rear pipes is quietened due to the length of the baffle pipe or to the diameter of the outlet on the baffle.has anyone done a modification to theirs or does it not make any difference.i have a set of akrapovics which sound awesome with the baffles out,but i would like to run her with baffles in sometimes due to mr.policeman but find it too quiet so trying to get a happy medium.hope someone can advise,cheers.

N

Naykid

may be a silly question but does anybody know if the sound from the rear pipes is quietened due to the length of the baffle pipe or to the diameter of the outlet on the baffle.has anyone done a modification to theirs or does it not make any difference.i have a set of akrapovics which sound awesome with the baffles out,but i would like to run her with baffles in sometimes due to mr.policeman but find it too quiet so trying to get a happy medium.hope someone can advise,cheers.

The answer is both....but the length only affect the sound by 10% while the DIAMETER of the baffle affects the sound 90%. I know...i built a lot of pipes and baffles from scratch.

You will find that a baffle is only a pipe with a million holes drilled in it...that is surrounded by sound deadening material. You can make that diameter any diameter you want.....and remember if you change the backpressure {which you will} you will need to make a new fuel map for it.