bad kitty, stupid tiger!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
bad kitty, stupid tiger! update 12-20-09

well the tiger is down for a while as it seems it needs a engine case (aka the block)

i went to leave from work the other day (friday) and it died as i was pulling up to the main road out of work and it died with a ker-chunck.. i think thats weird pull the clutch and hit the button and...... nothing.. hit it again and i can hear the starter spin but not engauge.. wtf!!! so i get it pushed off to the side and mess with it for a bit.. get it in like 5th and try to push start it and only slide the rear tire, i think great the motor is toast as it wont turn.. so i get a ride home from a buddy and come back and take it home in trailer. call dealer (under warrenty) next morning (sat.)and they say sure get it up here and we will get it in first thing mon, tues at latest.. cool..

well i get the call today and the sprag on the starter came off and jammed up the clutch area and did some damage when it did.. i now need some basic parts to fix broken ones but also need engine case (aka engine block!) which is basicly on back order, so i have to wait for it to be relesed then wait about 2 weeks for it to be shipped from the uk before they can even start to rebuild the bottom end.. yay!

so on the plus side i get to have a fresh bottom end (even tho the stock one only has 5400 miles on it) and dont have to worry about the 6,000 service..

the worst part is that i was supposed to do another iron butt on 8-2-09 (a lake mich 1000) and as soon as the front tire gets in i have pr2's for it..

but the fz is getting better, thats good right.

Last edited:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, good thing its under warranty! You can still do the Iron Butt on the FZ you know...I've done a few 500 mile days on the stock seat, I'm sure your butt will go numb at some point and you can pull off the 1000.;)

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
i could ride the fz but i wont ride it that long few hours on it and i am toast.

besided the others that i was planning on going with have had things come up also. i will ride the fz some to get my fixes but i wont take it on a trip like that

besides i cant get the wife off it long enough to take it:rockon:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
well the update so far is.. nothing!! have not heard a thing yet.. glad it's too cold to ride.. think i might call them and see what they have to say. i think i feel a conversation pertaining to warrenty being extended for the time i was not able to ride it..

wow i just reilized that it broke on 9-11.!!!

almost 2 months now.. lets see how long it takes.

Last edited:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
I got an update....

i checked my messages and the dealer left one for me saying that the parts list was in and that they where putting it together as he was leaving the message.. and that i may be done before chistmas.. not that, that part matter too much as there is about a foot of snow right now.. and will be till about the end of march.. but it looks like i will be getting my bike back...

oooohhh!! my pr2's came in last week off back order also... so i will run the rebuilt motor in and get used to her again in the spring and then when i am comfy to start playing a bit harder i will put the new shoes on..

in an after thought it took about 3 months..

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
picking it up for sure in the next two days. it took a lil longer than expected, (found a footnote that said dont reuse engine bolts, even tho non of the other 1050 powered bikes do this) so that put it back a week, then they wanted to get it up on the dyno so they could load the motor and put a few "simulated miles on the fresh motor. so i figure why not? i cant ride it anyway. so all is done and i will pick it up so it can sit at home for the first time in 4 months.

by the time i get to ride again i will have not ridden it more than i have.. on for 4 off for about 6.

and because it is fresh it will have to have another 5-600 mile service, that the dealer is picking up as part of the warrenty work..

Last edited:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope it warms up soon and the tiger is running good now. I will have more time to ride this spring when it gets nice out, so we'll have to go again.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
for sure. i also should have better/more consistant days off. so we should get together with d-mac and hang out for a day.. and mayby plan a short ride/lunch for the day.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
just as an update, have had the bike back, put the pr2's on last spring and both the bike and the tires are holding out great. i even got 55 watt 5k hid's put in the factory projectors.. what a difference!