Back2Black: My bike's almost-tribute to Amy Winehouse

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
So, as most of you know, Amy Winehouse died recently. What most of you don't know is that the same week I finished up with a few mods, one of which was blacking out nearly everything I could rip off the bike without getting too crazy. Because of the timing, I think of the song Back to Black every time I look at my bike, soooooo there ya go.

Now on to the good stuff!

As you can see, I painted the rearsets, passenger pegs, and aftermarket chain guard flat black. I also ditched the hugger, and installed some black/red levers. What you can't see is that while I was changing the fork seals I decided to just upgrade all the internals with 1kg Racetech springs and 15w fork oil. I also lowered the front end just a bit.

DSC07268.jpg

DSC07281.jpg

DSC07280.jpg

DSC07272.jpg

DSC07278.jpg

DSC07289.jpg

For those of you who didn't already know, I did all the work in my living room. Much cooler than doing it in a 120 degree garage. haha

WP_000118.jpg

Just thought I'd share! :thumbup:

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you kindly, sir!

Just got back from a hour and 15 minute ride. It rained a couple hours ago so the temp. dropped about 26 degrees from 112 earlier in the day down to 86. Felt great as long as I was moving. haha

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, guys!

I'm probably gonna go naked next. Been the plan since the beginning, and there's not much else to do without getting into a lot of fabrication. haha

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know what they say....Once you go black......:BLAA:

Bike looks great, I've been thinking about blacking out the rearsets but I got the carbon heel plates.

What chain guard is that? How are you liking not having the hugger?

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Gorgeous. I just got those same levers in and will take a crack at installing them tonight. Where'd you get the rear cowl? Was it ridiculously expensive like they tend to be?

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Looks good!

Looks good all blacked out!

I soooooo, don't miss the year+ that I spent living in Tempe/Phoenix. You guys can keep your "dry heat", and I'll keep my four seasons on Pennsylvania weather. :thumbup: