Back2Black: My bike's almost-tribute to Amy Winehouse

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
All you need to do now is replace the hideous stock signals up front and replace the tach needle with a used heroin needle and it is complete.
Good looking bike.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
You know what they say....Once you go black......:BLAA:

Bike looks great, I've been thinking about blacking out the rearsets but I got the carbon heel plates.

What chain guard is that? How are you liking not having the hugger?

Thanks! Yeah, I wanted aftermarket rearsets, but they all move the pegs UP and back. Since I'm about 6'6" I needed them moved DOWN and back.

I don't remember, I'll have to look. haha, I love it though. I think the stock hugger is just too big to look good. Now that I bought my new dremel with all the goodies I'm gonna cut down the stock one and see what I can do with it.

Sorry everyone, I completely forgot I started this thread!

Good job.

Bike looks beautiful :cheer:

Sexy!:spank:

Thanks, guys! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome. I have been looking at doing that to my 06. I like it.

Definitely should, you'll love it!

Gorgeous bike!!
sent from Bama using tapatalk

Thanks!

Gorgeous. I just got those same levers in and will take a crack at installing them tonight. Where'd you get the rear cowl? Was it ridiculously expensive like they tend to be?

Yeah, I love the levers, so glad I got them! I don't remember off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure there was only one place selling them. And yes, it was ridiculously expensive. :spank: haha

Looks good all blacked out!

I soooooo, don't miss the year+ that I spent living in Tempe/Phoenix. You guys can keep your "dry heat", and I'll keep my four seasons on Pennsylvania weather. :thumbup:

Thanks, man!

I know what you mean. I like the dry heat, just not the high heat! I'm not a fan of rain or snow though. I got enough of that living in Illinois for 16 years. haha

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah really man, that is a nice looking ride.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

All you need to do now is replace the hideous stock signals up front and replace the tach needle with a used heroin needle and it is complete.
Good looking bike.

Haha, I know, I'll get on that. ;) I am going to go with flushmount signals front and back eventually, though.

looks awesome. the only additional thing I would do it paint the header high heat VHT black

I want to, but I don't want to take the time to take the header off and do it. haha, I was thinking either that, or black header wrap as well. I think that would give it a mean look!

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Are those aftermarket rear-sets or are they painted?
I was considering painting or trying to talk my buddy into power coating them for me.

Good looking bike!

My bad I didn't read the second paragraph, I'm a pictures only reader. What paint did you use on the rear sets and do they hold up pretty good to use/abuse.

No problem, I've done the same thing. haha, I just used a regular flat black spray paint. Doesn't match perfectly, but it's not bad. As far as wear goes, it's not bad either. I don't rub my foot on the heel plate, so they haven't scratched yet. it would definitely be better to have them powdercoated, or professionally painted though.

Great job it looks immaculate:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks! Definitely not immaculate, but good enough for me! :rockon:

I've got "Back in Black" stuck in my head now! That's one wicked looking piece of kit, nice job.

You're welcome? haha, Thanks, still goin, too! Next project is cutting the risers off the new top clamp I have coming. Then I'm gonna grind it down and make it look good, then have it powdercoated black. So needless to say, I need to find some clip-ons. haha