Aztec8 Dual Headlight

crowdaoc

Reaction score
Visit site
So there is only 1 or 2 things keeping me from pulling the trigger on this... one of which is that I can't seem to find any decent mounts... or really any for a 43 mm fork. The ones I do find are well over 100$ or they are made for too small of forks. Can someone please provide a link or keyword to search for to find some metal headlight mounts online?

Thanks much.

FazerNYC - looking forward to seein those pics this weekend! Hope it all turns out good for you :)

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at those lights take a loot at the mounts I used from fly n cycle and make a custom bracket. It even looks like the one's i made could work. Fly-N-Cycle Motorsports-Motorcycle Parts and Gear Online

Those look EXACTLY like the ones I bought off of an ebay vender (see pic below). They were described as steel also. But only the collar turned out to be metal - the bracket part felt like plastic (or possibly cheap, light alum).

Per the flyNcycle description:

"Full Bracket Kits Fork clamps made of high strength chromed steel along with High quality anodized aluminum colored brackets"

Can anodized aluminum can be bent w/o breaking???

Last edited:

crowdaoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Aluminum usually has a very low fatigue limit and bending it once or even twice may not break it if you are lucky. I personally would not try to bend aluminum at all if I had to then rely on its structural quality. Just my words of wisdom, from an engineers perspective.

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
crowdaoc - here's a few pics

Taken today. I think I may drop the lights a little lower - let me know what you think.

crowdaoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics FazerNYC! Bike looks totally rad, and I'm hoping to be able to mimic it, haha. That's pretty much the ideal look I want to go for. So if I buy those parts listed from surdyke and some brackets similar to the ones you linked/showed the add for, I should be good to go right? Just would need some turn signals correct?

Do you have any up close pics of the mounting of both the headlights and the gage cluster? Those could also prove helpful. Thanks m8.

PS. The bellypan is quite the addition, looks awesome!

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
As mentioned, I was able to use the clamps - they were excellent. I didn't use the bracket part as that was made of cheap alum or chromed plastic. I bought a $5 (triangular) door hinge and using the bracket as a reference, dremmeled/fabbed my own bracket. I used a vise and hammered the 45 deg bend at the end of the bracket so it meets the Buell mounting point. For the speedo mount, I used the same crude fabbing technique: a vise, dreemel and hammer to fashion a T-shaped piece of metal. To show you the fabbed parts, I would have to disassemble it all (which I can't do at this time). Here's a link which shows how someone else approached the mod: Plastic Surgery - Page 2 - Sportbikes.net

EDIT: here's a few pics of bracket bend needed to meet the Buell mount

Last edited:

crowdaoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent! Thanks Fazer for throwing those pics up. That's pretty much exactly the shot's I was hoping for. You cleaned that install up damn well. Way to go! I'm going to shop around at the hardware stores and see what I can find to potentially use for mine. Thanks again!