AZ FZ Riders

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I would like to meet other FZ6 riders in the Phoenix Valley area interested in going for regular rides.

Maybe plan on making local rides like up and down South Mountain.

Also make longer trips up to Payson, Prescott, Strawberry (great twisties) cutting through to Camp Verde, etc.

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Chandler. I make regular weekend rides up Ellsworth/Bush Hwy to the 87 and back. I've done the S Mtn ride and while the twisters are fun there's a lot of cars and hikers and it gets hairy when you come around a blind turn and some idiot is parked/standing 3 feet into the roadway. I've not gone up to Payson yet but have been out to Superior.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
It's official. I will soon become an AZ FZ Rider. :rockon:

Accepted a position in the Phoenix area and will be relocating in ten days. Have to come out to find a decent spot to park and am I ever ready to get there.

I'll be sure to check for weekend rides and will seek info from the seasoned vets of the area. Already gained some insight from this thread http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-southwest/37844-arizona-fizzers.html. Thanks guys

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
It's official. I will soon become an AZ FZ Rider. :rockon:

Accepted a position in the Phoenix area and will be relocating in ten days. Have to come out to find a decent spot to park and am I ever ready to get there.

I'll be sure to check for weekend rides and will seek info from the seasoned vets of the area. Already gained some insight from this thread http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-southwest/37844-arizona-fizzers.html. Thanks guys

Welcome to the area (when you get here of course). AZ has a lot to offer. In particular on a motorcycle. If you need any help or suggestions please feel free to PM me.

tdbill

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! The desert isn't for everyone, but when it is- you tend to LOVE it! You'll know your a desert rat when you put on a winter jacket for 65^ days :D.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! The desert isn't for everyone, but when it is- you tend to LOVE it! You'll know your a desert rat when you put on a winter jacket for 65^ days :D.

I'll second that. I lived here 11 years before getting a motorcycle, now I love it. Before I always used to say "AZ it's not bad, but it's also not good either." On 2 wheels it's a lot better.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the area (when you get here of course). AZ has a lot to offer. In particular on a motorcycle. If you need any help or suggestions please feel free to PM me.

I MADE IT! :steve: After a 3.5 day drive with 2 dogs in a U-Haul, made it to PHX. Found a place in Mesa, east of 202 and 60. Have been here 3 days and I love the weather. Now all I have to do is unload and I am ready to ride. Keep me in mind when planning a ride.:thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I MADE IT! :steve: After a 3.5 day drive with 2 dogs in a U-Haul, made it to PHX. Found a place in Mesa, east of 202 and 60. Have been here 3 days and I love the weather. Now all I have to do is unload and I am ready to ride. Keep me in mind when planning a ride.:thumbup:

Welcome:welcome:. No rides this weekend but I have both Saturday and Sunday free next weekend. We can do the globe to Roosevelt lake back to fountain hills

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in for Sunday. I'd like to go in the morning, say 10 am, if possible. I have a dinner commitment that evening at 5-ish.

Last edited:

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
:( MAN!! Been offline for a few days and if I had seen this earlier I'd like to got out for a ride too. Already committed to help a friend with some heavy lifting (moving).

Got a chance to ride to work today. How relaxing it is to ride the HOV @ 80+ :D this morning. And the ride home was even sweeter. Glad to be here.

Keep me in mind for the next ride.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
HEY! Anybody still around? The 202 at 90mph was crazy fast and fun. Finally settled in and been looking to get out for a ride or two. Job just relocated all engineering to Chandler so my commute is street only and reduced by almost 10 miles. Still a good ride.

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Planning a ride from the AJ's at 101 and Princess Dr. (18271 North Pima Road) up to Bartlett Lake on Sunday 3/30 at 8am if anyone is interested in tagging along.