AZFZ Riders 1/27/2013

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Myself and David323 are looking to plan a ride on 1/27 from either Mesa (power road & Thomas) up Bush Highway, then up to Payson or from Fountain Hills (Shea blvd and 87) to Payson. Then from Payson to Strawberry to Camp Verde and then back down to phoenix. I think total route is right around 225-250 miles. Probably leave around 10, have brunch in Payson, then make our way back home.

If anybody is interested post here or PM me or David323 and we'll hopefully have a great time.

View attachment 46463

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I for one can't wait. I haven't taken a ride up there yet (and have been wanting to for a while), and in fact haven't been to Payson at all in 10 years. I hope to meet some more forum members as well. Come on AZ FZ riders, join us for a great time!

tdbill

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you guys make it? The weather wasn't exactly cooperating around here! I'm thinking about kitt peak/ arivaca on saturday if anyone is interested.

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No, we wimped out on account of the weather. Sky is usually busy Saturday's. I also already have prior engagements this weekend, but am open to a ride the following weekend.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm busy this weekend, working on Saturday in Prescott and then on Sunday taking the Advanced Rider Course at GoAZ in North Scottsdale. It's $149 and from 7a-5p. There are like 5 spots left if anybody is up for it. BTW if you haven't seen GoAZ's training facility it is high class.

https://www.mtii.com/scripts/i5.exe?book=arizona&page=CS.CL.Select&CC=ART&SC=GAZ&Mode=PB

I've been watching the weather and think the following weekend may be good. My friend was up in Prescott on Wednesday and said there was one patch of ice on the ground. I really don't think I'm ready for ice patches and that route through Strawberry to Camp Verde is gonna be cold, I remember seeing ice warning signs back in November.

It seems like there are a number of AZ FZ riders on here, maybe we should just start a new thread that we can keep adding to.

tdbill

Reaction score
Visit site
This was basically my ride today (I managed to stay off the highway a bit more than shown). About 200 miles, through Arivaca.

untitled.jpg

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I have been wanting to figure a time to go down to Tucson and get some rides in. I too can go for rides on Sunday, and sometimes during the week.

We really should start an AZ riders thread.