Awesome Group Ride in WI

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeff and I went on our first ever group ride today. 2 Brothers Powersports (our favorite dealership) sponsored a ride today. It was iffy if we were going to go though, because the day's weather didn't start out so nice - and we aren't experienced in riding in the rain. So we decided at the last minute to gear up and go. We rode through a brief rain shower on the way to La Crosse - I didn't think it was too bad. Good experience for us.

Once in La Crosse and ready to head out, Jeff and I ended up at the end of the small group of 8 - and got stuck in traffic lights with the group further up ahead. We weren't worried though, because they gave us a print out of the route. So, off we went - and never seemed to catch the group. :confused: So we just went on our way per the directions and stopped at a gas station along the way to give the tank a topping off - no one wants to get lost on country roads with no gas in sight. As I was going in to pay (yes, this was a very small town with no pay at the pump) - our group shows up! :Flash: Come to find out, our leader forgot that the printed directions were different than the route he took to get out of La Crosse. So - our route put us ahead of them. (They also said that they did stop for about 5 minutes waiting for us to catch up in Onalaska - but we didn't show.)

Then off to Arcadia we were - destination Hanson's Hold-Up! Awsome twisty roads there with some great views. The bar and grill had character as well - and yummy food. It has a western theme - framed western star's photos line the wall along with a variety of old fire arms, tin lunch boxes and other western type items. Great place to stop if you are ever in the area. Oh - and those little silver circles in the parking lot are for you to park on. Guess the owner doesn't like little divits in the parking lot.

The group was pretty diverse and very friendly - another sport bike and a handfull of cruisers. We had a great time chatting over lunch. Then it was time to get back on and head home.

Definitely a do-again for us two!!

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey good for you guys...:thumbup:

Riding in the rain is not what I call fun, but it is good experience to know how to adjust your riding habits and feel comfortable when you get caught in the rain.

These day's it is raining here in MA most days and any day it does not rain...there is still the threat of rain.....sucks! So, I too have ventured out on questionable days as well, just get some riding in.

I have been riding for 25 years and have been on many group rides, most of the time they are truely a blast, because you spend the day with folks who get what motorcycling is all about.

Thanks for sharing..:Flash:

Later,

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That look's like fun!! on a side note.I have'nt seen rain in a month it was 102 degrees today,and if i had bubble jet's in my pool it would be a giant hot tub...:D

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the silver disc to put the kickstand on. Wish more places had something like that. That's a nice looking FZ ya got there :thumbup: The guy with the ZZR 1200 next to it looks like he's got a good touring setup too.