Auxiliary driving light with three way switch (on/off/on)

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
I need your help for the following, I want to connect an auxiliary driving light (55W) with a three way switch (on/off/on).
on - always on
off - you know...
on - on with high beam (switch and pass switch)

is there a simple way to build this project? All I can imagine is very complex and with a bunch of relays... I had an auxiliary light in another motorcycle but with only a on/off handlebar switch.

I have the "bd43's" headlight mod.
Can the bike handle this extra consumption? Dual headlight plus auxiliary light?
this is just because I need more light and I'm afraid of doing the xenon projector mod... :scared:

Thank you for your help!

I had this installation
auxLamp.gif

Last edited:

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
Simple

SPDT or DPDT switch. Get one with large spade connectors, makes wiring easier.

Center connector is power out to the lights.

One outer connector is power in from whatever your 12v source is, battery, fuse block, e.t.c.

Other outer connector is also power in, but through a relay being triggered by the high beam.

Remember to fuse all your connections and use a switch rated adequately. If using low powered LED lights you can run power directly through the switch.

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for your help,
Meanwhile I changed my project and decided to make the xenon projector upgrade...:scared::scared::scared: I think the upgrade will provide better light output with much less power consumption. As I ride alot at night I need much light I can get.
Thank you!