Automatic Chain Oilers

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering how many use or have had experience with automatic chain oilers. These come in handy for touring and long everyday commutes, but have little value for short or occasional rides. I'm mainly interest in the brand and your experience.:thumbup:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've read reviews that on an actual riding condition most of if not all the oil did not hit it's intended target ( the chain). You may have to look at webbikeworld.com to see what they have to say about it here is the link: Cameleon Motorcycle Chain Oiler - webBikeWorld. I'm not sure how many other similar gadgets they've tried. Most of those parts I can easily make out of hospital IV tubing and save myself the money. Probably would be a good idea to have some sort of brush to which the oil will drip into and unto the the parched chain. Maybe one day I will gerry rig something, review it and post it here. Nice having a buddy that also doubles as an engineer. He can help me out with the schematics.:D

FuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Visit site
blue, you may want to take a look at the loobman. It's basically what you're talking about building yourself. Just a squeeze bottle and tubing. Doesn't cost much more than I'd imagine it would be to build your own anyway.

LOOBMAN - manual chain lubrication system for all motorcycles with regular, O-Ring and X-Ring chains

I'm considering getting some type of oiler myself one of these days. I have a short commute, but I can get lazy about lubing the chain when it's raining all the time in the winter.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used Scott oilers in the past when I was a courier. They can get a little messy but you can control the flow. I have seen a few people put the lubing nozzle on the wrong side of the chain to which increases the fling.
Well worth the investment. My friends father has a ZX-9 that he rides like it should be ridden. Only needed two adjustments in 18,000 miles.

Nelly

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
There's nothing like having an excuse to chill out in the garage with a beer after a quick lube job!

haha, but seriously, I notice that I'll make an entire process of cleaning/lubing the chain which include, but isn't limited to washing the bike first, waxing it, lubing the chain (if necessary) and checking tire pressure, etc etc...it's routine and gives you more time with the bike which we ALL know we can't get enough of!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's nothing like having an excuse to chill out in the garage with a beer after a quick lube job!

haha, but seriously, I notice that I'll make an entire process of cleaning/lubing the chain which include, but isn't limited to washing the bike first, waxing it, lubing the chain (if necessary) and checking tire pressure, etc etc...it's routine and gives you more time with the bike which we ALL know we can't get enough of!
I couldn't agree more fella.

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
= instant mess, on a street bike. j/k

Never used one but I've heard they work great on a dirt bike.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I agree with this.

Cleaning and oiling the chain is an easy job and also gets you down on the floor to check and clean areas you would probably not see when you have an oiler.

Please do not do this job with the engine running as some fools have done in the past. :spank:

Steve