Australian bike thefts

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks Martin I live in Melbourne (second worst)
Oh well wont make me change my security methodology, park in highly visible areas always locked with a disc lock as well. If someone wants it they are gonna grab it, but as its not this years model it would prob be a joy rider and its just too hard for a quick opportunistic grab ( I hope).

Having said that, tonight its in the garage not under a cover in front of the garage, its all behind a locked gate. ....and tomorrow I might just buy a heftier lock!!!!

and I might give second thoughts to leaving it parked on the street with the keys in the ignition.....in PERTH! I honestly didnt think perth would be a hot bed for ripped of bikes, but there ya go

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm new to this forum so sorry to revive an old thread, but also quite shocked at Perths numbers, being from here myself...

I have a 250 I'm trying to sell behind a locked gate, along with my girlfriends GPX 250, however my Fizzer (Black, Naked) sits in front of that gate to eliminate the hassle of getting it out every morning at 6am...

My girlfreind has a disk lock that has a motion sensor alarm in it. Needless to say that is going on every night since reading this.

Problem is cats rub up against it during the night (in the foothills, High Wycombe), it quite often gives its three little warning beeps, luckily it's enough to scare them off before the alarm really starts...