Aussies....show us your ride!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys I'm wanting to get a new exhaust for my bike...
I see it's been brought up on the forum heaps of times.
But what do you Aussies recommend and what have you guys got on your bikes, or had? I'm thinking early next year I'll get some Two Brothers pipes shipped from America. I think it will work out cheaper than getting them from Team Moto...

Any help or feedback is appreciated. :)

If your thinking Two Bro's...i hope you like being LOUD! They are very f***ing loud! And yes Kazza & Humpy, i know you guys like the Scorp's, but they are NOT anywhere near as loud as the TB's, they are more refined, and do sound great...

The Leo's are OK, but i think they drone at touring speeds...in fact i am taking my Leo's off for the tour of Tassie, and putting back on the OEM pipes...it's just a pain in the A when 2 up...cant hear each other, etc, etc...

:thumbup:

nate11six

Reaction score
Visit site
If your thinking Two Bro's...i hope you like being LOUD! They are very f***ing loud! And yes Kazza & Humpy, i know you guys like the Scorp's, but they are NOT anywhere near as loud as the TB's, they are more refined, and do sound great...

The Leo's are OK, but i think they drone at touring speeds...in fact i am taking my Leo's off for the tour of Tassie, and putting back on the OEM pipes...it's just a pain in the A when 2 up...cant hear each other, etc, etc...

:thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback! :)
I would like to be loud! A loud bike is a safe bike... right?

But then again, anything will be louder and sound better than the stock exhaust. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'll definately have to meet up with some of you guys and see your bikes in person one day.

Again, thanks for the help.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guys I'm wanting to get a new exhaust for my bike...
I see it's been brought up on the forum heaps of times.
But what do you Aussies recommend and what have you guys got on your bikes, or had? I'm thinking early next year I'll get some Two Brothers pipes shipped from America. I think it will work out cheaper than getting them from Team Moto...

Any help or feedback is appreciated. :)

Team Moto did have some left over very very rare Micron cans :drool: :drool: but if they are gone then one word springs to mind Scorpion :thumbup: No better on the market IMO

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
If you get the TB's you have the advantage of the silencers you can add!
My M4's are too loud even with custom silences bolted into the ends, and it can get annoying. (Earplugs for long trips are a must)
Anyone got a video of their Scorpions?

That being said my current riding is mainly through school and high pedestrian zones, and no one can say they didn't hear me coming, which is good since pedestrians are the main risk, since they apparently don't understand the difference between a pedestrian crossing and a normal road, or the difference between a red and green light. In fact pedestrians seem to be getting steadily stupider and will catch up to bicyclists soon!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get the TB's you have the advantage of the silencers you can add!
My M4's are too loud even with custom silences bolted into the ends, and it can get annoying. (Earplugs for long trips are a must)
Anyone got a video of their Scorpions?

That being said my current riding is mainly through school and high pedestrian zones, and no one can say they didn't hear me coming, which is good since pedestrians are the main risk, since they apparently don't understand the difference between a pedestrian crossing and a normal road, or the difference between a red and green light. In fact pedestrians seem to be getting steadily stupider and will catch up to bicyclists soon!

I only have a single Scorpion on the XJR & it rocks :thumbup: :rockon:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zMx1pMXiMw&feature=related]YouTube - XJR 1300 Scorpion[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_6jaWD_aNk]YouTube - Yamaha XJR1300 Scorpion ride by[/ame]

nate11six

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all your input guys.
That Scorpion can sounds awesome on your XJR. :)

I did find some Leo Vince cans that I can get shipped to Australia for under $600. I don't know whether to wait and save the extra couple of hundred and buy something here from Aus, or get it shipped from overseas.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all your input guys.
That Scorpion can sounds awesome on your XJR. :)

I did find some Leo Vince cans that I can get shipped to Australia for under $600. I don't know whether to wait and save the extra couple of hundred and buy something here from Aus, or get it shipped from overseas.
They sound pretty good on my FZ too :)

One day I'll post a video up .........

I think $600 is a great deal. I don't know if you'll get anything cheaper for a while. My scorps were @ $850 landed in Aus - dealer wanted @$1400 at the time!

nate11six

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is another photo of my bike.
As you know, I am wanting to get a new exhaust...
Also thinking of new mirrors one day.
Maybe some red rim tape too. Lol.

wogstyler

WOGSTYLER
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my 08 FZ6S. I have Micron slip-ons, Piper Cross air filter and regeared. Also have some ghost flames on side panels below seat and have a pc3 in the next couple months planned.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my 08 FZ6S. I have Micron slip-ons, Piper Cross air filter and regeared. Also have some ghost flames on side panels below seat and have a pc3 in the next couple months planned.
Nice! Don't see too many with Microns these days. Flames are subtle too - very nice.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Microns FTW :rockon: :rockon: Why did they have to go belly up :( i LOVED the sound of my Microns on the FZ :drool: And those curved cans they made like this one would have looked schweeeet on the XJR ;)

OSY45%20side%203sm.jpg

wogstyler

WOGSTYLER
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks guys. Yeah am very happy with the microns, did the go bust? that sux cause I would recomend to anyone. I get some more pics up soon too.