Aussies....show us your ride!

jags

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All
Well as i've now introduced myself i better get some pics up of my bike . Sorry they are not great just out the backyard in my never ending renovation which i call home .

I also did a image of some of the mods i want to do already ( think i may have a problem ) This forum is bad for the bank balance i tell you , to many great ideas .

If you know of the best places to get some of the parts i'm after and wouldn't mind mentioning them that would be great . It seems like online shops in the U.S are the way to go from the research i have been doing ...?
thanks Rob

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All
Well as i've now introduced myself i better get some pics up of my bike . Sorry they are not great just out the backyard in my never ending renovation which i call home .

I also did a image of some of the mods i want to do already ( think i may have a problem ) This forum is bad for the bank balance i tell you , to many great ideas .

If you know of the best places to get some of the parts i'm after and wouldn't mind mentioning them that would be great . It seems like online shops in the U.S are the way to go from the research i have been doing ...?
thanks Rob

Looks like your after the "Rizoma special", by the looks of that last photo....nice bike, Naked rocks! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

thanks Rob
:welcome:

Nice to see another Perth member here. Have to organise a ride over the next couple of months :thumbup:

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heya folks, this may for some be sudden news and for others, not so sudden, but I've traded my FZ6 for a new R1.

Picked it up today, and have only ridden for about 20kms. It didn't take very long to sooth the fear of the new bike into nice bubbly excitement I can tell you!

How will I sleep? :confused:

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heya folks, this may for some be sudden news and for others, not so sudden, but I've traded my FZ6 for a new R1.

Picked it up today, and have only ridden for about 20kms. It didn't take very long to sooth the fear of the new bike into nice bubbly excitement I can tell you!

Very Very nice...love the choice of colour! Stay upright Bro! :thumbup:

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Very nice...love the choice of colour! Stay upright Bro! :thumbup:

Cheers Jimjams! There is no other colour. :rolleyes: I had this strange feeling of guilt all day. Now I look back, I realise I haven't thought about the effzed at all since handing the keys over to the dealership this afternoon - until this evening when I sat down and browsed to this wonderful web site where I've had many a chuckle.

Oh, I aint goin no where! :BLAA:

I'm really looking forward to the complimentary rider training day at a local closed circuit at Mt Cotton.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers Jimjams! There is no other colour. :rolleyes: I had this strange feeling of guilt all day. Now I look back, I realise I haven't thought about the effzed at all since handing the keys over to the dealership this afternoon - until this evening when I sat down and browsed to this wonderful web site where I've had many a chuckle.

Oh, I aint goin no where! :BLAA:

I'm really looking forward to the complimentary rider training day at a local closed circuit at Mt Cotton.

Don't worry an R1 doesn't have the prestige of an FZ6 but your still welcome here :p

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

YOU MONGREL :eek: :justkidding: do you know how jealous I am right now :BLAA: Ultra ultra sexy beast mate , we going for a ride tomorrow I take it ??? Congrats on the new baby , has the sound given wood yet :D

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats mate, very envious.

Oh that sweet sound of the cross plane motor.

Now Yamaha, hurry up & put that motor in the FZ1 :thumbup:

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still copping some fallout from the missus! She's all good though and happy for me, I'm sure she's just saving it up for something else... lol

I'm taking it real easy right now, what with scrubbing the new tires and running the motor in. The gear change indicator comes on at 7k! I'm quite happy to take it easy until the thousand kays is up. Once the first service is done, they can increase the gear change indicator light to what ever revs I like.

Oh man the exhaust sound is heavy duty wood material! I'll enjoy the stock exhaust for a while I reckon - no need to upgrade that bit - YET.

Actually, I'm quite happy trundling around using the "B" performance mode ("A" being the most powerful/sporty/responsive, then there's "Standard", then "B" mode is for wet/low power conditions).