AlexL
crazy_dave
Full Throttle
Hoshiko
dxh24

Meeting at Bear Mtn
Have2BeFree
MUTCHYMAN

You can add a +1 to my name at least if not 2.

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: August 13th (tentative)- NY rt.9, 9D, 9W along Hudson

Understood. I've done that trip once but i did get lost. A lot ;). ok, so what time should we start, and should we extend the ride before we get to Bear Mtn?

If you want to extend the trip about 10 miles and make it about 10 minutes longer, this is a good change. It bypasses the town/stoplight areas you are currently going through plus they are a bit more scenic/fun to ride. Not at all a major change.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: August 13th (tentative)- NY rt.9, 9D, 9W along Hudson

If you want to extend the trip about 10 miles and make it about 10 minutes longer, this is a good change. It bypasses the town/stoplight areas you are currently going through plus they are a bit more scenic/fun to ride. Not at all a major change.

I can't see the map for some reason - it loads my original map. Does your route go around Newburgh?

Btw, I should've thought about it - OCC store is in Newburgh. anybody wants to stop by?

MUTCHYMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Couldnt see it either, but from description, here is what i got This does look better.

Yep, thats it! A little bit longer but makes for a MUCH better ride in my opinion. Also, Like i said before, it is ring weekend at West Point so Highland Falls and the other way outlined will be SUPER crowded with family members of all of the Cadets trying to get through the Post Gates and what not.

Do you have a set time of departure yet?

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the weather reports are all over the place - I see anywhere from 20 to 40% (depending on the source) chance of T-storms. I think it will come down to personal decision. As of now, i see "isolated t-storms", so I'm still in, but i'll probably wear textiles and bring gortex gloves just in case.
My main concern would be being on top of the mountain in a t-storm, so if the t-storm comes in by 11-12, we'll need to figure out an alternative meeting place

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not really concerned about rain. It isn't pleasant but really not a big deal. We did the ride home from Binghampton in rain last May. It rained moderate to heavy for 3 out of 4 hours...kinda sucked but we wanted to get home and get home we did without incident.

T-storms are different in that they come on fast and pass over quickly and chance of thunderstorms means maybe will maybe not.. kinda like the forecast 3-4 times per week in the summertime.

So are we confirmed to meet in Croton at 9A? or are we moving it up earlier to 8:30A

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
GAH!!! It's always something isn't it... They're switching me to 2nd shift this weekend so my sleep is going to be all messed up, not to mention they're talking like we're working all weekend anyways :spank::spank::spank:

I was looking forward to this one too! Bah, i swear i'll make it to a ride one of these days!!!

Anyways, sorry i couldn't make it guys, factory hours blow :(

Have a great trip for those of you that are going, hope it doesn't storm on ya, and somebody take some pics! ;)

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Stupid question, I'm new to riding so don't laugh.. Isn't it bad for the bike to ride in the rain? That is really my only concern... I don't have rain gear but I can tough it out for a few hours for my ride home. Especially with 20-40% chance of rain in the afternoon only..

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Stupid question, I'm new to riding so don't laugh.. Isn't it bad for the bike to ride in the rain? That is really my only concern... I don't have rain gear but I can tough it out for a few hours for my ride home. Especially with 20-40% chance of rain in the afternoon only..

To put it bluntly your bike will be fine in the rain. However if you're a new rider and you're really worried you might want to get more miles on dry road. That said I don't expect much rain as I cross my fingers!

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Tapatalk Pro.