Attitude on Speeding Tickets

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm wondering how much their attitude may have played a role in the type and number of tickets issued. :confused:

"Young crotch rocket riders doing 90 on [that] road" doesn't mean you can do 70 in a 45. I didn't know we can reset the posted speed limit based on the maximum speed other bikes travel sometimes. OMG can you imagine the chaos that would create? :rolleyes:

Interestingly enough that kind of is how speed limits are set in California.

Avoid a Trap! Understand How Speed Limits are Set in California

The speed limits are set based on how fast people drive. The faster people drive the higher the speed limit goes up with each speed survey that is done.

I wish they also took into account separate types of vehicles- that would be amusing to see how fast the average motorcyclist goes compared to cars and trucks.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope. It's a different group. These guys haul a** though too. Same kind of radar detector strategy going on with them as well.

A freind of mine (has since moved to NC) had a Kawasaki Concours 1400 and rode with several other high end, high performance bikes on the weekends in the middle of nowhere in Florida.

He was the lead (very fast and co-ordinated rider BTW) with the radar detector. They took a known corner at a high speed and one bike didn't make it. The rider died on scene.

My friend sold his bike and didn't ride for several years until recently.

Prior to this, I was asked if I wanted to go (several times) however I knew their riding habits and declined...

A radar detector won't save your life, knowing your limits and adhering to them will...

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope. It's a different group. These guys haul a** though too. Same kind of radar detector strategy going on with them as well.

I think the BMW group I rode with was talking about those guys, sometimes the meetup and do a big group ride. Usually out in the boonies like past Globe

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Poked my head in this forum for the first time in a while to sell some parts. Man I miss it. The Triumph forum isn't nearly as interesting.

That being said, I wanted to add to this post a bit.

In the almost two years since I originally posted, I have been pulled over twice. Once on a mini-tour of Arizona on the FZ6 (fully loaded), and once here in Tucson on Mt. Lemmon a mere four days after I bought my Daytona. Both tickets were egregious trespasses of public safety in the eyes of the law. I was able to do traffic school for the former at a cost of $430 which assumed a guilty plea but held the point count down a little. Traffic school was not an option for the latter, as I was lucky to actually ride home on the bike after the 30 minute sermon and the ($470) ticket was issued. I received big points with this one as well.

Knowing that any infraction, no matter how slight would now jeopardize my ability to drive (anything), I've decided to back off on street riding completely and never looked back. The Daytona has now seen about ten track days and she's shedding parts and weight almost weekly, including the license plate and registration. Someone needs to do a survey: maybe more track riders are born in the halls of justice than groomed by racers and magazines...

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the game. You got nicked. Pay the fine and get back on the bike and go for a ride.

Sounds like these Beemer guys need to get a radar detector. Only time my hubby has gotten pulled over was when he went for a ride with buddies (without me, d*mn it) and didn't take his radar detector. I mentioned just as he pulled away he might want it. He said no the group he rode with went at a slower pace than we usually go. Off he went.

Well at the end of the ride, he decided to take off. Was going 125mph when he saw a car in the distance. Slowed to 85 just before he was getting close to overtaking the cop. Cop motioned him over. He gave a story of trying to get home before sunset because he had a tinted visor on his helmet. Cop bought it and he rode off ticketless. Lucky Duck!

I haven't gotten pulled over yet, but with my luck I'll get a ticket. Only pulled over twice in over 30 years of driving a cage, both times speeding tickets! Ugh!! First one my piece of crap car wouldn't get go as fast as cop said I was going. Paid the fine and kept driving...

Not riding right now. Our daughter gets married in 9 days and we don't want anything to happen between now and then. Not taking any risks. D*mn it!!! I'm missing riding. I'm on Fall break this week. I thought of sneaking out on the bike yesterday, but with my luck someone we know would see me and mentioned it to the Hubby!

The weather better hold so I can ride the following weekend or two. I'm dying to ride to work to show off at my new school. I'll turn into the "cool" teacher. lol

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like these Beemer guys need to get a radar detector. Only time my hubby has gotten pulled over was when he went for a ride with buddies (without me, d*mn it) and didn't take his radar detector. I mentioned just as he pulled away he might want it. He said no the group he rode with went at a slower pace than we usually go. Off he went.

Well at the end of the ride, he decided to take off. Was going 125mph when he saw a car in the distance. Slowed to 85 just before he was getting close to overtaking the cop. Cop motioned him over. He gave a story of trying to get home before sunset because he had a tinted visor on his helmet. Cop bought it and he rode off ticketless. Lucky Duck!

I haven't gotten pulled over yet, but with my luck I'll get a ticket. Only pulled over twice in over 30 years of driving a cage, both times speeding tickets! Ugh!! First one my piece of crap car wouldn't get go as fast as cop said I was going. Paid the fine and kept driving...

Not riding right now. Our daughter gets married in 9 days and we don't want anything to happen between now and then. Not taking any risks. D*mn it!!! I'm missing riding. I'm on Fall break this week. I thought of sneaking out on the bike yesterday, but with my luck someone we know would see me and mentioned it to the Hubby!

The weather better hold so I can ride the following weekend or two. I'm dying to ride to work to show off at my new school. I'll turn into the "cool" teacher. lol
Ha, You're not the only teacher here riding to work ;)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk