atgatt people. really.

bubbacrow76

Reaction score
Visit site
A biker in upstate New York who was participating in a ride to protest helmet laws died after he crashed his motorcycle and hit his head, authorities said.

Philip A. Contos, 55, was killed on Saturday afternoon during a ride in Onondaga when his 1983 Harley skidded out of control and he flipped over the handlebars, the Post-Standard reported.

Contos was riding in a "helmet protest run" with a group organized by American Bikers Aimed Towards Education, authorities said.

On its website, the group says it promotes motorcycle safety, awareness and education and organizes motorcycle rides.

Doctors at Upstate University Hospital, where Contos was pronounced dead, said he would have survived if he was wearing a helmet.

Read more: Motorcycle rider in New York dies during ride protesting helmet laws

fz6 is my first bike, LOVE IT!! all black gear in south tx right now aint fun but its better than none.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
RepostGroundhogDay.png

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bubba, I see you're new here; I'm one of the eldest guys here but fell into the same thing: this story has been reposted more than a (insert clever remark here later). New FZ6-Forum record! :BLAA::BLAA::BLAA:

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the fifth post about it on here that I've seen -- I want to say the first one appeared a day or two ago.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
ATGATT is fine (in reality, probably practiced by less than 1% of riders) and I assume that this oft-used m/c forum text msg applies to only to m/c riding. Because, if not, in reality, most of us (probably 99+%) don't subscribe to the edict-sounding statement while engaged in many of life's potentially harmful activities. I can't wait for the next legislator introducing a bill requiring the use of safety glasses/goggles while mowing lawn---brought on because his dork/loser kid suffered an eye injury.