ATGATT is not enough....

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So today i managed to fracture my pinky toe, while getting out of bed. hahaha

How ridiculous is that? I had few offs while riding my dirtbike and nothing happened (thankfully). Yet, all it took me today was trying to get up from bed in the morning.

I did at least manage to drive myself to the hospital. Few hours later, I have two crutches and a surgical pin inserted.

Out of commission for at least 3 weeks.

My trip to Canada is probably cancelled :(

The only upside is that I have more time to mod my V-strom. Gonna install LED H4 bulbs, LED Aux lightning, and bunch of other stuff in the mean time.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is why I wear my Sidi Vertigo to bed... [emoji3]

On a more serious note - sorry to hear that! Hope you recover quickly and ahead of the schedule. It is funny how small and seemingly minor things can ground us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
surprised you can't ride. Though last time I dislocated by toe (and possibly broke my foot if the colour was anything to go by), I was still able to ride, albeit somewhat painfully.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
only one solution, OP. you gotta go hi viz!

889f661e3db489ad05bfe11f4db59b03.jpg

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
only one solution, OP. you gotta go hi viz!

889f661e3db489ad05bfe11f4db59b03.jpg

WOW, a few of those beds look kike they belong in the notel motel.

Poster, if you get hurt that bad getting out of bed you had better not shave :spank:

Hope you have a speedy recovery to your riding season.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
surprised you can't ride. Though last time I dislocated by toe (and possibly broke my foot if the colour was anything to go by), I was still able to ride, albeit somewhat painfully.

The surgeon told me that pinky toes are either super easy to heal or a complete PITA. If it won't set correctly, the fracture might happen much easier and soon in the future.

I have also a surgical pin inserted so hopefully that will speed up the process.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW, a few of those beds look kike they belong in the notel motel.

Poster, if you get hurt that bad getting out of bed you had better not shave :spank:

Hope you have a speedy recovery to your riding season.

LOL, I started wet shaving with a safety razor few months ago. I am still alive haha (knocks on wood)

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site

Out of commission for at least 3 weeks.

My trip to Canada is probably cancelled :(

Huh? Lorenzo races after breaking his collarbone....tyler hamilton races the remaining days of the tour de france with a broken collarbone....and you are packing it in with a broken baby toe?
Come on man.....life is too short! Plus Canada is a great place to ride/visit.
All kidding aside....hope you heal quickly. I've done the same without the pins though....it's a bitch even standing.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Huh? Lorenzo races after breaking his collarbone....tyler hamilton races the remaining days of the tour de france with a broken collarbone....and you are packing it in with a broken baby toe?
Come on man.....life is too short! Plus Canada is a great place to ride/visit.
All kidding aside....hope you heal quickly. I've done the same without the pins though....it's a bitch even standing.

I am hoping that it's only 3 weeks. If that's the case I will still go to Canada. I am gonna speak with the doctor tomorrow to see how soon my pinky will be healed.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Was it a bunk bed? [emoji1]. Sorry to hear of your off. Seriously, life has a cruel sense of humor. Heal up quick.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good lord, man!! Sorry to hear it! I too am surprised it needed surgical intervention. Pinkie tow is there only for aesthetics :rof: .. seriously.. it doesn't help with balance or anything. I would probably just tape that sucker to the adjacent toe and go for a long ride :D .. but you did the right thing. Hopefully it heals well and quick!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good lord, man!! Sorry to hear it! I too am surprised it needed surgical intervention. Pinkie tow is there only for aesthetics :rof: .. seriously.. it doesn't help with balance or anything. I would probably just tape that sucker to the adjacent toe and go for a long ride :D .. but you did the right thing. Hopefully it heals well and quick!

That's pretty much what I did when I broke my middle toe while wake boarding, popsicle sticks and tape. Beers helped for the painBlah

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Where is it that you are planning on riding up here?

The plan is to visit Chicago via a Montreal, Toronto and Detroit. Haven't done any specifics yet.

I plan to do a more thorough trip later this summer to Gaspe, Newfoundland and New Brunswick. The current trip is to just visit old friends and family.

That's pretty much what I did when I broke my middle toe while wake boarding, popsicle sticks and tape. Beers helped for the painBlah

Tell me about it. It was so humiliating to be driven around in a wheelchair while male nurses snickered at my pinky fracture haha

It wasn't just a fracture though. It was also "misplaced" to the outside of the foot. Basically I had one horribly crooked broken pinky lol. It looked like chicken bone in cartoons.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I once broke my metatarsus skateboarding (I was about two feet over the coping on a half pipe when kid strolled his way into the pipe) and managed to ride my longboard around campus still and never once used crutches.

The other times I'v broken bones legs, ankles, wrists, etc it's been something INCREDIBLY stupid, like tripped over a book on the ground.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I once broke my metatarsus skateboarding (I was about two feet over the coping on a half pipe when kid strolled his way into the pipe) and managed to ride my longboard around campus still and never once used crutches.

The other times I'v broken bones legs, ankles, wrists, etc it's been something INCREDIBLY stupid, like tripped over a book on the ground.

This is first time I have had anything broken. I always thought that motorcycle would be the catalyst for a broken bone. When I was a wee kid i did a lot of stupid and dangerous stuff and thankfully nothing ever happened to me.

In the end my own clumsiness was my culprit.

On a unrelated note, I just bought Leatt's neck brace, chest and back protector and MX boots. I figure if I can break a bone at home, god knows that I am gonna harm myself somewhere out in middle of the woods.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
This is first time I have had anything broken. I always thought that motorcycle would be the catalyst for a broken bone. When I was a wee kid i did a lot of stupid and dangerous stuff and thankfully nothing ever happened to me.

In the end my own clumsiness was my culprit.

On a unrelated note, I just bought Leatt's neck brace, chest and back protector and MX boots. I figure if I can break a bone at home, god knows that I am gonna harm myself somewhere out in middle of the woods.

You'll only hurt yourself in the woods the moment you think you have it under control.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Power through it!

I've been riding (and playing volleyball) with a couple of possibly broken bones in my clutch hand for the last few weeks. It's really painful, but I'm afraid if I go to the doc they'll put me in a cast and I'll be out of commission for the rest of the summer.

I'll deal with the arthritis and disfigured metacarpals later on in life.