Armor All, Plexus, or Pledge for the Plastics and Occasional Polishing?

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to nail down a cleaning routine. Got kerosene for chain and wheels, greasy parts. What do you like for windshield, black plastic parts, seat etc. to maintain them clean and original color? Have Plexus for screen already. Hear good things about Pledge for plastics and even painted surface polishing as long as no dirt/grit present to smear around. Armor All pros/cons?

Thanks.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno if it's available in Tex-ass, but I got Opti-Coat paint protection on my paint/plastics for $100.

NEVER have to polish again, and it always looks ;just polished'!

WOOT WOOT!

Also got some vinyl protection for the seat, so everything is UV stabilised and protected. (I use degreaser on a rag for my wheels, and wash off)

Cheers,
Rick

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plexus on the clear plastic, and just Turtle Wax on the paint.
I'm not a fan of Armor All anymore; it looks great for half a day, then starts looking splotchy. :thumbdown:

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Plexus on the windshield and headlights. I use Maguiers ultimate quick detailer on the painted parts. For the greasy stuff I put WD-40 on a rag.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Plexus on the windshield and headlights. I use Maguiers ultimate quick detailer on the painted parts. For the greasy stuff I put WD-40 on a rag.

+1 plus Lexol to keep my Corbin fed !! If I don't treat it at least once a month it gets a little slick.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to use Meguires, and dutifully polished every week - then I bought a new car and got Opti-Coat and saw how it ALWAYS maintained that 'just polished' look and I didn't have to do anything, except wash it with water occasionally.

Made it an easy decision for me!

Cheers,
Rick

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
i've waxed mine once, with plain old turtle wax.

for the screen i use rain-x.

wheels = wd40

think i have some carnuba wax somewhere, maybe the turtle wax was. dunno, but man does it smell nice after a waxing ! like panties peeled off a hot ass nice. oh, wait.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i just do a total wax every year before and after the season. (steps 2 & 3 for maguiar's). theres not much on the bike to wax so its not a big deal to me.

but Pledge has a wax base which is why i was told not to use it to polish my guitar. and i use Motul chain cleaner on the greasy bits. but thats because i have about 30 half used cans from when i was riding dirt every weekend.

Motohead

Reaction score
Visit site
Guitars are wood, FZ6 parts are plastic. Completely different examples. Pledge works great on plastic. Cleans, shines, and is a dust deterrant.

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
i just do a total wax every year before and after the season. (steps 2 & 3 for maguiar's). theres not much on the bike to wax so its not a big deal to me.

but Pledge has a wax base which is why i was told not to use it to polish my guitar. and i use Motul chain cleaner on the greasy bits. but thats because i have about 30 half used cans from when i was riding dirt every weekend.

Guitars are wood, FZ6 parts are plastic. Completely different examples. Pledge works great on plastic. Cleans, shines, and is a dust deterrant.

A. Not all guitars are wood. B. From my interpretation, he was comparing to how wax works well and he imagines Pledge would too since is has a wax base. Only mentioning the guitar to note how he found out Pledge has a wax base. Hope that clears it up and Sweater Dude please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mr Sheen. On everything not metal or rubber. Great for helmets and visors too.