Are you a Fatty?

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, no surprise that it's winter here in Canada or at least where my igloo is located. The bikes have been parked since the end of October as snow seems to come a little earlier every year. Our winters seem to last 6 months, so what to do to kill the time away?

Get a fat bike of course and continue riding the trails you enjoy riding in the summer. This is the craze these days and taking off in a big way. I got one a few weeks ago, can't stay off it. Been on it every weekend hittin the trails and even went in a race last weekend.

Anyone else have one?

Here's a few pics of mine.

16007399291_ab6ca5869a_o.jpg

15861404479_aeb72dc11e_o.jpg

16045500091_6799e27807_o.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike! Do you need that suspension with those fat ass tires? :p

Last edited:

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
UNFORTUNATELY I am not a fatty... Sure wish I was though! There are some great races here in Wisconsin and some awesome fat trails!

Its awesome to hear from some fellow mtn bikers on this forum.

Here's my winter retreat. Its a bit of a drive, but well worth the fun!
Ray's Mtn Bike Park, Milwaukee

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
That's cool...not a fatty yet but maybe one day...we still get out on the trails on our standard MTBs once the trails are packed by walkers, snowshoers, skidoos etc. We have a blast.

One of the local cross country ski centers here rent the fatties...I'll have to give them a try.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike! Do you need that suspension with those fat ass tires? :p

Uhmmm...., YES! :Flip:

UNFORTUNATELY I am not a fatty... Sure wish I was though! There are some great races here in Wisconsin and some awesome fat trails!

Its awesome to hear from some fellow mtn bikers on this forum.

Here's my winter retreat. Its a bit of a drive, but well worth the fun!
Ray's Mtn Bike Park, Milwaukee

You're not living too far from the home of 45NRTH, makers of the Dillinger 5 studded tires and other winter apparel. No doubt you have some great trails. The Park is a good alternative, just be sweeter if you could just bike out your back door.

That's cool...not a fatty yet but maybe one day...we still get out on the trails on our standard MTBs once the trails are packed by walkers, snowshoers, skidoos etc. We have a blast.

One of the local cross country ski centers here rent the fatties...I'll have to give them a try.

You gotta try it. I've been on it every weekend since I got it, and today for that matter. The trails run so differently in the winter with the fatty, so much fun.

If we don't get more snow soon, I'm going to have to invest in those Dillinger studded tires. :eek:

This was taken today on a trail called "Loop in the Forest"
16071667836_e19dea0fd7_h.jpg

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is this snow you speak of??? (73 degree road ride in standard kit two days ago.)

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Not much snow here in South Carolina so no real reason for a fat tire bike... well maybe for having a really COOL bike. :thumbup:

however, I'm also a fellow mtn bikers on this forum..
my big tire bikes are 29er.

If you're in the area around race dates and feel the need for some epic fun in Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina check out:
Blue Ridge Adventures - Bicycle Racing thru Western North Carolina