Are bikes sold in CA set up differently?

The Hill Boys

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at an 06 FZ6 that was originally sold as new in California. I know that there is some sort of "green sticker" reg that involves models sold in CA to have different exhaust/emissions equipment. Are FZ6's modified in any way from the factory to meet CA standards?

Thanks!

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Bikes bold in CA have "CA" emission systems. Stuff like the aforementioned air injection system or a more efficient system than the 49 state bikes, extra and/or larger catalytic converter system than 49 state bikes. However, CA residents can purchase 49 state bikes (OR, NV, AZ bikes are popular) after they have a certain amount of mileage as to not be considered new (7500 miles last I checked).

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
oso,

Do you know if the OEM engine management computer is diffrerent, between CA and 49 state models? I haven't looked at Bikebandit to see if the PN is different yet..... on carb'd models the jetting was always even more lean at idle; and I know the aftermarket FI folk are getting forced to make CA EPA compliant versions of their stuff.....

Seems likely the FI on the CA model would be lean compared to the 49 state version....