Are bike cops our friends or enemies???

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe all cops are bikers at heart. As long as we're not being outrageous or endangering others most are willing to give us a break. Last fall I was doing a very spirited ride with my friend who was on his FJR. There was hardly a time that day we were not over the speed limit. A NH state trooper nailed us just as we were finishing up. We acknowledged our bad behavior and apologized and he was more than gracious to us and let us go without a ticket. That meant a lot to me and I've ridden more sensibly since.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Our PDX cops are mostly OK, the bike coppers have BMW's and I nod/wave they usually reply.

Also, I was checking out one of the new bikes they got a couple weeks ago, the cop saw me and at first I think he thought I was gonna do something stoopid but then he realized I was a bike junkie and he chuckled and waved.

On a side note, on dont know how Vermont/ NH riders go slow. I just came back from there and though I was in a car, man those roads are nice. Smooth, and juicy with great views to boot. Got me and the wife talking about a move out there.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My son was a motorcop, he has a BMW 1200S or something like that , he used to wave at people if the waved first. Most of the time if I wave at a cop they wave back or give me a nod.

Doc

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO bike cops are probably more tollerant than thier 4 wheeled traffic collegues...its the everyday rozzer in his ford focus i hate .. 20 something,over eager and chasing promotion,thier rude ,arrogant and ive got no time for them at all..my blood is boiling just thinking about a run in i had with a pair of these tw@ts 2 weeks ago in my car

...now where's my pills :)

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tend not to have any problems with traffic police I have been pulled over a few times for being enthusiastic and even got a speeding ticket once. I definitely prefer being policed by people instead of the evergrowing number of cameras we have in the UK.

In the UK we have "bikesafe" organised and run by bike cops to help people ride safer and better. When I did it there were more officers than bikes and they ended up using courtesy bikes from the local yamaha dealer.

Round our way there is one guy on a bike round our way who likes to pose giving a low hand wave on roundabouts he always seems tovhave a smile.

Don't forget that on the site we have our very own bike cop Marky G.
He has helped people on here with things like "Think Bike" car stickers and smartwater kits.
I met him on the bikesafe stand at Brands Hatch last year and definitely one of the good guys. :thumbup:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm lucky if I see a police car once a week let alone a motorbike!

Spen you are either lieing or you are writing from prison. You live in Liverpool for gods sake and you never see the bizzies??????

Not only are the police our friends, we are also our own worst enemies.

I got in touch with Hampshire Police BikeSafe to ask if I could buy a BikeSafe vis vest and their coordinator sent me a few in the post for free. Policemen are our friends for sure......says an ex policeman.

Steve

Last edited:

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
Prison, well there is a stereotype for you.

The bizzies are never around here, God knows why but they just aren't you only ever see them occasionally pass by with their blues on.

Just for reference, don't accuse me of lieing, it's not something I do.

Last edited:

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Prison, well there is a stereotype for you.

The bizzies are never around here, God knows why but they just aren't you only ever see them occasionally pass by with their blues on.

Just for reference, don't accuse me of lieing, it's not something I do.

Don't worry I think you're just on the end of a ribbing rather than an accusation. :D

Expect to see a :justkidding: from Steve in the near future. :thumbup: