Anyone use Palm Pre 2 With ScalaRider Q2?

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about this phone for my next upgrade and wondering if the voice dialing works properly.

I've been thoroughly disappointed by most smart phones not fully implementing what was a fairly standard feature in cell phones 10 years ago. Of course, no one seems to give a **** whether a phone can make a call these days, either :don'tknow:.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree... i've got a Casio Brigade after my old origional indestructible... think it was called the V2....broke... sure it's waterproof and you can throw it at walls if you like...but the call quality is crap... phone maker's seem to care too much about what apps it can handle rather than what it sounds like when your trying to hear somone...might try a droid next...

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it has gotten ridiculous. I was looking around at reviews on youtube, and I swear the people spent a full 5 minutes talking about the packaging, 15 on how it's a "standard android interface", then never made an effing phone call with the thing.

The lack of voice dialing/improperly implemented voice-dialing is a hot-button issue with me since it's really the only mechanism on a touch screen phone that allows for one to make phone calls without taking your eyes off the road. I immediately noticed when switching from my old (free with contract) Samsung feature phone that I was having to look at the phone to make calls when I used to be able to use the Sammy to just speak the name.

The problem with the Droid Eris I have is the voice dialing is only half-implemented. It doesn't speak to you, and instead simply beeps and then after speaking a name, presents its match ON THE SCREEN and thereby forces you to take your eyes off the road to see if it's correct. Ridiculous. The Sammy would give the audible "Did you say [name]?" prompt, to which you could you could use your VOICE to respond, thereby not DEFEATING THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF VOICE DIALING.

A friend of mine had a newer Android phone that had voice dialing implemented properly that he was using with his Scala, so just be sure to scope it out before you buy if that's a priority for you, too.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the virgin mobile lg optimus v and the voice dial, music streaming, etc works great on my sena headsets.

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, that one is a consideration as well as the Virgin plans are really reasonable. I really like WebOS, though. Leaning towards the Palm.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Off subject, but how do you like the Q2 headsets? I was thinking of getting the rider package for my gf and i when we take the bikes out.

I saw the Sena one on the advertisements here but im so lost on whats good and whats not. Usually its chatterbox is the best, but its a bit pricey and huge.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what it is but I can't imagine pumping in music and not hearing some resemblance of my machine under me. Maybe I could keep the music turned down but then I don't like listening to music with incidental and ambient noise. I like just listening to the music. :confused:

I have a chatterbox and I used to ride with a group of people every other weekend where 50-75% of the riders had Chatterboxes. Some like mine with the bluetooth. The bluetooth is really nice and the GMRS radio has saved butt quite a few times. I've heard that terrible call on the comm. "Rider Down! Rider Down!" I called it out my self and slowed very fast bikes coming around the corner when I came upon riders crashed and injured on a mountain road. I also have GMRS hand held radios that I can hand out to other riders or someone in a car.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
came across this a lil late. I had the palm Pre Plus 2. It was the loudest in the Q2 headset I have had. The LG Chocolate 2 was horrible. I could hear people talking but not the voice dial. The LG Dare wasn't much better. Now I have the iPhone 4 and it is better than the first two but the Palm was the best. To answer your original question it was very usable at speed.