Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I apologise for the Hobart weather, it really is quite bad at the moment. Much the same again for tomorrow, and that wind is shocking!!!

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
A few photo's from the WSBK leg of the tour!

Day 1....free practice, etc...

Some old Historic Racing bikes, A few shots of the Superbikes, and me with SBK royalty, Mr Troy Bayliss! :D

Man I luv that TT 500:drool: & the I V too :jawdrop:

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
It's typical Hobart but it's a real shame because March is usually pretty mild. I feel really sorry for anyone out there riding in it!!! It looks like it might be fine for the 99 bends on Saturday but then again it rains like 300 days a year up that way so who knows.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We have landed in Hobart :cheer: A little cold & wind blow but its great to be here... I'll post up some more pic's & our plans for this leg of the trip later :thumbup:

I'll also text you tonight Gerard

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was told today by a council worker in Bothwell, that we may have trouble getting across to Strahan, due to snow!!! I did tell him that we were not going there until Saturday, but he still looked at me like I was crazy!!!

Gerard, should we be worried???

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm, according to the bureau of meteorology Saturday and Sunday are both fine at Strahan and in the low 20's!! There may be snow overnight I'd say but if you leave later in the morning sunday you should be fine. Might pay to give your accommodation a buzz on Friday and see what they think. I can imagine you seeing some snow but I really doubt there will be road cover!!

So what are the expressions of ye olde Hobart town??

Bothwell hey? Some interesting folk up there! Scary playing footy up there I can tell you!!!

If you don't get a reply to your message Dan I may have given you the wrong number, I am hopeless with them, so I'll send it again if I don't hear from you!! The poor Husky is nervously anticipating a short blast on the road!!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's showery and a little windy. The boys on this trip need to toughen up - it's not THAT cold :BLAA:

Hobart is beautiful. Cant wait to check it out when everyone us finally showered and ready to rock and roll :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Caught up with some crazy Yamaha riders yesterday. Should of took more photo's :( But this one is quite fitting taken in the middle of a mental asylum. Thanks for the catch up dude's and dudette's. Hope we can do it again sometime!!!

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
It was shut down 10 years ago otherwise I am quite sure they would of locked them up and they'd be experiencing shock therapy as we speak!!!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the Humpy's are back in Sydney tonight after saying goodbye to the other crew in Melbourne....... Sad to see the trip over but looking forward to getting home & writing a ride report & sharing 100's of photos with you all :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Made it to Adelaide - shocking conditions on the road but that's all part of the experience!

Thanks to Dan, Kel, Jamie and Jess for making this a great trip. Loads of memories. Also big hi to Mikey, Dave, Mick, Apollo and Jarrod who joined us along the way for catch ups :thumbup:

Mike and I will pack up the trailer soon and head back to Perth. Taking about 4 days to do this.

Plenty of pics when we get home :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk