Anyone replaced the triple clamp yet?

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
As you all are well aware, the FZ6 comes with triple clamps with built in risers of roughly 3-4". Coming from a motorcross/mountain bike background, i prefer little or no riser with a relatively straight bar. Personally, i don't like how upright the riding position is, and would like to be a little lower and more forward over the tank, without switching to clip-on's because there is too much strain on my wrists. I also plan to replace the rearsets so they're further back, but thats for a different thread. I searched the forum and found nothing, and i dont think ive seen any photos of people switching it out, unless they're doing the R6 fork mod.

Bottom line: Has anyone changed it out? Are there any other bikes compatible, in case i find a cheaper one for a different bike?

Oh, and for the haters: No it doesn't make sense to just buy an R6 or R6s, i priced them out and could not afford insurance. :Flip::rockon:

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
There was this one,he ground of the risers completely and polished them,looks fantastic , but he did use clip ons , you may be able to work something out like this.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/6858-clip-ons-triple-clamps.html

I have seen this, and i like it, but it seems like there is a possibility for loss of strength in the clamp. I'm looking more specifically for an aftermarket clamp with top bar mount with as little rise as possible. i could look into heli bars or convertibars but IMHO I like the feel and slight flex of a solid one piece bar.

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
I had this made up. Tried to do a group buy but not enough interest. You least expensive solution is to cut the stock top clamp down and then polish it out as another member has done.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/4242-acculign-top-clamp.html

That may work for me, considering i haven't found anyone who makes one with less rise for the fz6 yet..

I have long legs and want to get new rearsets too, so i think doing the combination of the two mods will change the fz6 to a more aggressive riding position, while giving my legs less strain.

idk, maybe ill just go with a really flat bar like \/this\/ one, and paint the clamp flat black to match... definitely the cheapest, and $$$ is the only thing holding the mods back.:don'tknow:

..at least gas is back to $2.89!!:D

2190729111_bf13dec354.jpg