Anyone own a Suomy Vandal Helmet?

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello FZ6-ers.

I currently own an Arai RX-Q and although I love it, I have heard great things about the Suomy line in terms of weight. I'm debating about selling my RX-Q and getting a Vandal, but wanted user feedback on it.

Thank you,
Chupacabra

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i have tried one once. it is a very very light lid (lighter than the arai for sure).. it fits somewhere in the intermediate oval range so it fits a vast majority of riders. its liner is fairly thin on the crown area, and you see a lot of the eps, i hope that aids ventilation ( i havent tried it on the bike) that said the liner is of high quality and feels soft against the skin. the visor removal is also fairly easy to do unlike the higher spec suomy, its more similar to what shark uses. i found the shell a bit short tho front to back, chin space was very limited.

i hope this helps you a bit

seb101

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife has one and as long as the ventilation is good and it doesn't fog up it's quite loud inside.
Only problem she has with it is pain after couple of hours caused by the inside part of the shell putting a pressure on her head just in one single spot (top liner is so thick it's not helping either).

s3performance

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Vandal, I chose it based on the UK government safety rating scheme, called SHARP. Suomy Vandal was the lightest weight helmet that achieved the 5 star rating.

I've been very happy with it. It's louder than my old HJC and Shoei, but much lighter. It breathed well through summer. Visor is tricky to change until you do it the first time, then it is quick and simple. Graphics and paint are second to none, I have the 'Mirror" design.

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you to all that answered, I will look to pick one of these up probably after I return from my trip to Texas starting Sunday with extra cash I will hopefully have from saving.

I'm thinking it will be one of these two if I do:

KSVL0034-01.jpg

KSVLFL-01.jpg

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
[(top liner is so thick it's not helping either).[/QUOTE]

strange that you found the top liner thick. i think it was fairly sparse (digging from my memory) since your wife uses it you can shed better light than me:thumbup:

to the op. the first one is a newer design while the second is a couple of years old. the newer ones have the star shape on the visor changing mechanism while the older ones have a different button design

seb101

Reaction score
Visit site
my wife has the one with flower/flames as it has extra *bling*bling*, she loves it just for that paint job lol
I think it was last year that she started changing the shape of "ventilation tunnels" edges to smooth them out, pressing with spoon, below is and image of of a dragon model with marked edges that im talking about.

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
Just my opinion, but both are bloody awful looking.

The first one less so.

Haha, I like the 1st one more too. Then I saw this when I was looking at them in our catalog again:

fabrizio%20large.jpg

I liked it much much more than the others.

I appreciate the advice on these lids from all over the globe my fellow FZ6'ers.

s3performance

Reaction score
Visit site
I nearly bought the Fabrizio replica. The paint and detail is awesome, BUT, the red is orange in real life, and the pictures don't really show that. If it was red, I would have gone for the Fabrizio. I recommend you check them in real life, to see the actual colours.

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
I nearly bought the Fabrizio replica. The paint and detail is awesome, BUT, the red is orange in real life, and the pictures don't really show that. If it was red, I would have gone for the Fabrizio. I recommend you check them in real life, to see the actual colours.

Thank you for the feedback. The only issue is no local dealerships (including the one I'm employed at) carry Suomy helmets in stock even though I know 2 people who own them. One is my friend who has a Troy Bayliss Rep and the other is my boss who has the atlantic city lid from 4 years ago. I will check out some actual photos, instead of stock photos when making this decision.