Anyone like the Ninja 1000?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Took it for a 30 minute test ride at the Kawasaki Ticket to Ride event this past weekend in Livingston, NJ. I know... :ban:

It got my attention when it first came out in December with favorable press. Then I sat on it at the NYC motorcycle show in January. The bike ergos are perfect.

After riding it, wow I am jonesin big time to trade up but the practical side of me won't do it this fast. Toss in a price $1100 under MSRP plus a $500 Ticket to Ride voucher discount and it has me seriously thinking this one over.

The only minor negative for me is it doesn't come in faster blue!! ;)

Anyone got opinions on this bike?
Do you have any specs?
I like it lots.
Nelly

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
The 1000 looks really good. With the touring aspect in mind I bet a lot of fz6 riders will drool over this bike. I am :D

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was able to sit on one this past spring at the motorcycle show in Greenville and wow they look even better in person. The ergos felt great too.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The Z1000 is more my taste!

2010_Kawasaki_Z1000_DSC_4126-2.jpg

bada$$ bike :rockon:

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
The Z1000 is more my taste!

bada$$ bike :rockon:

Ever ride one???

Tiny wheelbase + 55lb/ft @ 3500 RPM =

WHEEEEEEELLLIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!

And it really holds them well.

To defend: Kawasaki has done a great job with their liter motors. The typical 'Kawa-sloppy' thoughts may be true for the 600's & 650's for overall build quality, but the liters are so much better.The reliability is there, just a little more plastic-y than the VFR1200 (but it's $4K less)

Sadly, literbikes are intimidating for newer or returning riders because of the word 'liter'.

The Ninja 1000 is not a typical representative of the 1000cc class; it is more like a Honda VFR800 Interceptor with more top-end.

BAM! Thought is processed.
Her3_80-BamBamBigelow.jpg

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a huge possibility that this will be my next bike. It just looks so incredibly awesome ... Sport Rider magazine (U.S.) recently described it as a "super standard" because the ergos, etc. are really not full-on superbike, obviously. It really is the Z1000, faired.

Can't wait to ride one!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so i did some checking around. Looks like Kawa messed up big time when they named this bike. Insurance companies think it is a supersport.

I may as well get the ZX-10R. Ridiculous!! :Flip:

I have a request in with one of the dealers I visited, to provide a Vin # to get an accurate quote.

Using Progressive insurance for the 6 now and the rates rock!!

The Vin# quote should be very telling.

I will report findings back here when I have something.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so i did some checking around. Looks like Kawa messed up big time when they named this bike. Insurance companies think it is a supersport.

I may as well get the ZX-10R. Ridiculous!! :Flip:

I have a request in with one of the dealers I visited, to provide a Vin # to get an accurate quote.

Using Progressive insurance for the 6 now and the rates rock!!

The Vin# quote should be very telling.

I will report findings back here when I have something.

Please let me know what you find out. That was the first thing that I thought.. When I looked at a R6 the insurance was 1K more than what I am paying for my Fz6.. CRAZY!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Please let me know what you find out. That was the first thing that I thought.. When I looked at a R6 the insurance was 1K more than what I am paying for my Fz6.. CRAZY!

Will do. I will let everyone know the quote. I carry some pretty high limits so I will spell out what they are

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not exactly on topic, but just want to mention that I got a quote on FZ1 a while ago. Exactly the same premium as FZ6 :don'tknow:

jcfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn that's pretty good considering I'm paying almost 5 times more to insure my R1 than the FZ6; and the FZ1 is the same size motor right? Damn full fairings...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and the FZ1 is the same size motor right? Damn full fairings...

Not just same size.. pretty much SAME motor (pulled from R1), but tuned for more low end.

My quote for full coverage on FZ1 with 100k/300k/50k was $250 for the year. :D