Anyone here ride/live/commute in Miami area?

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to move to the Miami area very soon, but after driving there yesterday I am apprehensive about having a bike as primary transportation.

I drove for about a total of 1 hour in a rental car. I saw 30-40 cars run red lights, like so red the other light was green. Saw a school bus run a red light after traffic was already starting to come from the other directions with green lights. I saw a few people pass on the other side of a double solid into oncomming traffic in the middle of the city. I saw a taxi driver go through a parking lot over the road speed limit and then swerve back into traffic in the middle of the intersection ahead. Stop signs mean slow down to half the speed limit but do not stop.

However, in Coral Gables, they were giving out tickets with laser guns for people barely speeding. Crazy.... saw a lot of nice cars too.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
as with most places im sure, there are more police/enforcements in areas where the wealthy live. if you are in a bad part of town they are less worried about you speeding than selling boat loads of crack....if you move to MIA get a concealed carry permit. the neighborhoods go from nice to hell in no time flat.

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got off the phone... I am definitely moving to Miami.

I already have my pistol, and I plan to get a CCW license eventually. I wonder if I could keep it under the seat until then. BTW, is it safe/wise to store a handgun under the seat of the FZ6? I would hate for the rounds to overheat and go off in my *ss, haha.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got off the phone... I am definitely moving to Miami.

I already have my pistol, and I plan to get a CCW license eventually. I wonder if I could keep it under the seat until then. BTW, is it safe/wise to store a handgun under the seat of the FZ6? I would hate for the rounds to overheat and go off in my *ss, haha.

handgun: maybe
ammo: no

I'm thinking in miami you would want it readily accessable :thumbup: