Anyone have this Fender Eliminator???

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
i saw that one too when i just purchasing mine. But idecided that the lettering of fz6 would make the license plate lower. which in my mind is not really eliminating anything. i saw bonemans FE kit on his website and i just bought it off of the same person he got his from. came out great.. and am really happy with turn out.

mattstrat

Reaction score
Visit site
But idecided that the lettering of fz6 would make the license plate lower. which in my mind is not really eliminating anything.

That's what I figured too, after almost buying one last week.

i saw bonemans FE kit on his website and i just bought it off of the same person he got his from. came out great.. and am really happy with turn out.

To me that one looks the cleanest especially with the way the plate light is worked in. I think I might go order one too!

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes... it turned nice. Not to low IMO, but if it is to low for you all you have to do is drill two new holes in your plate and mount it higher covering the FZ6. You won't find anything much cheaper than these.:thumbup:

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes... it turned nice. Not to low IMO, but if it is to low for you all you have to do is drill two new holes in your plate and mount it higher covering the FZ6. You won't find anything much cheaper than these.:thumbup:

What did you do about your License Plate light???

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

DAMN!!!! I guess this ISN'T the one to buy! That's really dangerous! Get the one from SBN that used to be the FAZR6 FE Kit. Rock solid!

I need to find someone who can jet-cut sheet aluminum, bend and tig weld for me. I am engineering my own for the FZ1 and FZ6R. They are nearly identical stock fender setups! I can make both with minor mods to either design. I build one out of paper after drawing it up for the FZ6R and did a test-fit on her bike. I think it's going to look great and be very strong!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
If you look at the two pictures mine and jwehlan's you will see they are not the same. The one that broke is has a much smaller width in the area it broke. I assume maybe they changed the design for this very reason. No way the one I have would break like that on its own, maybe if someone backs into it or purposely bends it.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site

I have it on my FZ. It seems very solid. I was very surprised when I saw that link with it broken. I did have to drill the holes out a little to get the stock signals to mount up. The holes were a little small.

Other than that, this FE has been great. It matches my black FZ very nicely and they must have started making them with different materials, because mine is very solid metal. I'm not thinking it's going to break anytime soon.

Sorry, I don't really have any pictures of mine up close. I can take some when I get home if you'd like.

Dunny

Hit the road jack
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Greg.

Yeah I bought the one your referring to, It felt a bit light and needed some work to fit the indicators.

I got on to one but my memory is failing it was from (mike FZ6 or similar this site or SBN), very well made and takes the OEM indicators have had it on for 8000 k and still going strong. It came with step by step photographed instructions.

Hopefully someone else on the site can lend some more info

Cheers