Anyone have or ride a Tiger 800?

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
Im seriously considering a change of pace. Nothing wrong with the FZ6. Ill never have a bike that has this month value. Im thinking something a little bigger, comfortable and less sportbike. I have been eying the BMS GS and triumph for awhile now. I have decided that it will probably be the triumph over the GS. I still don't know anyone that has owned one. Just read a bunch online and visited the dealer yesterday. Any thoughts on the tiger 800?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Jblk9695 (member here) has one. Great performance and great looking bike!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Just about 22K miles and climbing, probably one of the best motorcycles I've owned but of course I'm biased. I find that it does not have the top end rush of the FZ6 but it has torque all across the rpm range, I can put it in 6th gear and just cruise at 2000 rpm all day or rev it up to 9K and enjoy the sound of the triple and it pulls like a freight train. I did have an Arrow exhaust and it sounded great but I moved to a mobile home community and thought the stock would be a bit more friendly to the old folks:rolleyes:
The gas milage is a little lower than you can achieve with the FZ but not that much and it depends on how happy you get with the throttle, the range is between 42 and 52 mpg.
I find the stock seat is all day comfortable, did 314 yesterday with no problems, yes my butt got a little tired but it's old and wore out:D
For reference I'm 5'11" with a 30-31" inseam and tip the scales at 204.
With all that being said would I get another bike, well yes and not because I'm not happy with the Tiger but just because I like all kinds of bikes and I'm not getting any younger:D
If you have a questions post here or PM me if you like.

Jerry

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
I think im going to test ride one tomorrow. It definetely seems more comfortable to me. I do want something that move out on the highway when I feel like it. Could it cruise at 90 or would it feel to taxed? My impression from sitting on them is that they would be much better than the Fz for long rides is this true?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
I have cruised between 80-90 (don't tell the CHP) with no problems although I think the Tiger is more comfortable between 70-80, at least for me.
I find it is very well suited to long rides, 410 is as far as I have gone in 1 day and is about as far as I care to go, but it is better for this than the FZ.
And it does move out quite good on the hwy even in 6th just twist and go, makes passing easy and for a little more go just drop into 5th. Torque is around 60 ft lbs at 7K but seems to be quite good at lower rpm's also.

Jerry