Anyone have a Motorola Rzr on Verizon? Iphone 4s?

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I got lucky and my family is going to pitch in and get me a new phone for Xmas since my old moto droid is acting funny and im do for an upgrade :BLAA:

Here is my problem. I have done tons of research, i love droids, i have had experience with the iphone 4s and i love it. I like the droid OS and i have been involved in rooting etc etc but on my old droid the response is lacking and its driving me crazy. At work my 3g is HORRIBLEEEE so im pushing for this whole 4g experience hoping it will solve my work phone issues. Only reason im considering a Rzr or the new Google phone instead of jumping on the iphone 4s.

There have been lots of new phones coming out over the past two years for the droid. I havent had a chance to mess with any of them. Performance wise only the Motorla rzr, HTC rezound, or not yet release google nexus look up to par with the iphone 4s.

Anyone have the rzr and can compare it to the iphone in terms of performance?? Im already a apple and droid fanboy so i just want to know real world performance opinions not the fact that apple dominates the app market LOL :rockon:

kidfazer56

Reaction score
Visit site
to be honest all apple has is the app market, siri, and the i cloud. Unless you have other apple products like a macbook of ipad the icoud isnt that usefull, not to mention itunes is a pain in the ass and a waste of time. any of the new droid phones like the razr the samsung galaxy or the HTC thunderbolt or Rezound will blow the ipone away in terms of screen resolution, camera and audio quality and quickness. If you are already familiar with the droid OS i would stick with that. Regarding the 4G, you need to check with your Service to see if they have 4G coverage in your area, otherwise you will still be using the same 3G you are using now.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Apples hardware runs strong, and os updates make the older versions look like a beta...iphone for me

Last edited:

ChaosCrayons

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a good side by side:

Motorola DROID RAZR vs Apple iPhone 4S

I have Iphone 4s and love it. Wife has an incredible (old one so not really a good match) and I support all of the new android phones at work so I have to work on them all day. I phone 4s is better than just about all of the android phones. I cant handle the android screen lag.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a good side by side:

Motorola DROID RAZR vs Apple iPhone 4S

I have Iphone 4s and love it. Wife has an incredible (old one so not really a good match) and I support all of the new android phones at work so I have to work on them all day. I phone 4s is better than just about all of the android phones. I cant handle the android screen lag.

Thanks, reading it now. The new rzr and google phones are supposed to have zero screen lag, thats why im interested in them but i havent tried them yet. Going to read more and go check them out this weekend.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Was going to get the Razr before i found out i was getting laid off :spank:
I'm harsh with my phones so anything that improves durability is a plus for me... was going to get the bionic but then the Razr came out and more fits my needs, buddy of mine has it and it's awesome... super fast, i even ran my laptop off of it and internet is nearly instant. And far as i could tell screen lag doesn't exist on his phone ... still want to get one but going back to college for some learnin' and gotta use all my funds for the bike :rolleyes:

Then again, i don't seen anything wrong with getting something a little older, retro if you will:
images

Last edited:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
pick one with plenty of ram and a fast cpu.

personally i'd probably go for the new google phone as at least you will be the first to get updates. (at least for 18 months)

motorola support can be a bit patchy. samsungs are quite good spec wise, but they feel cheap.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Dunno if this link will work (last time i tried it didn't) but if not go to verizons website pick the phones your interested in and click "compare" on that phone...once youve selected all the ones you wanna compare click the "compare go" button... Razr-4g 4s-3g
Main reason i was going to get the bionic or the razr was 4g
Another big one i noticed was the "in-use" time was considerably more for the razr and bionic

Have the bionic Razr and 4s already selected in link, if ya want just click compare in top right :D
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice&deviceCategoryId=1
Edit: link fail :p

Last edited:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I went and checked them out. The Razr is a fasttttt phone, i like it and the camera was very fast and i could easily take multiple pictures in a row with it like the iphone does. I tried the HTC rezound and that one was just as fast and came with nice set of ear buds but the camera shot quickness was still slow.

I get 30 off and another 30 off for turning in my old phone. So 220 for the Razr man tough decision against the iphone 4s. Have to go try them out again tomorrow.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about the Motorola Rzr, but my experience with the iPhone 4s is not a positive one.

I am on my second iPhone 4s so far, since my first one lost it's signal several times a week wven when in an area with good coverage, and did not automatically reconnect. It had to be turned off and on again to search for the carrier service and then reconnect. Going to flight mode and back solved the problem in maybe 1 of 4 instances. Since the phone did not automatically reconnect, I could go for half a day without realizing that I was disconnected, unless I kept a close watch on the phone at all times.

After three weeks I got a new iPhone 4s, and the new one also looses its service every now and then (two times in one week so far). In addition to this, I am experiencing another problem: In about 1/3 of all outgoing calls I hear nothing - I can't hear the ring-ring in the other end, and when a connection is established I can't hear the voice of the one I am calling. I only see the timer start to count how long the call is lasting. I have to switch to the loudspeaker and back to hear the one I am calling.

The problems have not gone away after upgrading to iOS 5.0.1. More info regarding the "No Service" problem can be found here.

Another bad thing with the iPhone 4 and 4s is the physical shape. It's not a very comfortable phone to hold in your hand while talking on the phone. The relatively sharp edges dig into my hand after a while. The models older than the iPhone 4 has a much better ergonomic design, IMHO.

And then there is the battery drain problems, but those seem to be solveable by disableing certain services and features.

The only good thing about the iPhone family is the entertainment value. It's a bad phone, but an excellent source of entertainment. The App Store has pretty much everything you need.

I am an IT sysadmin, and am supposed to be available for my employer and my colleagues if something happens at work. If the problems with my iPhone continues, I will have to ask my boss to get another brand of phone.

If I was to buy my own phone instead of getting one from my employer, I would seriously consider a phone with Android.