Anyone had this kind of experience?

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone had this kind of (accident) experience?

Has anyone had an accident where the other person has been at fault, and asked to fix up matters outside of insurance, only to back out, or refuse to pay?

I'm writing an article for my journalism course that I'm trying to get published, and some quotes from other riders who have had similar issues would be invaluable!

Only need Australian riders at this point, to keep it relevant, but has anyone had something like this happen and be willing to answer a few questions that may end up in my article? (No promises on it being published, just hoping at the moment)

(Edit: Now looking for anyone to comment on their experience with insurance in any accident, good or bad)

Last edited:

Tiger Eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Only from a mates perspective - he was run up the back of by a guy who said he would pay but had no insurance. Then he was asked to use an unlicensed repairer and when he objected was told he was on his own. No police were involved. My opinion is call the police report the incident and let your insurance settle it.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well im not from australia but I have kinda done the opposite of that in my cage, It was a small accident where i rearended a guy and I didnt want it to go on my insurance and there was no damage to my truck, so I offered to the guy to not call the cops ,I knew I was at fault, and pay for the damages. He agreed so we swaped info and I told him to go get at least 5 quotes from different body shops of his choice, it took him about 6 months to do so and I thougt that maybe he just didnt care about the damage to his car but he finally called me with the quotes he had gotten and he let me choose the cheepest one (around $2700) and I met him one day shortly after to give him the cash and that was that. He might have just keep the cash and not worried about the car but either way im fine with it because it didnt go on my driving record so basicly he was happy as well as me

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Chevy, hoping for more bike related stuff but thats still an interesting angle!

I might have to broaden my scope, has anyone had a serious accident in which they had a good or bad experience with their insurance company, or with the other party involved???
(Preferably in Aus, on a Motorcycle :p)