Anyone else in NY/NJ area feel that earthquake/tremor?

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure felt it here in southeast PA. A good strong side-to-side for about 5-10 seconds, a break for a few seconds, then another 5-second wiggle. Then nothing. Not even a leaf down

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was outside the whole time working on my friends car and didnt feel a damn thing... im kinda mad i missed it:ban: :spank:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
It woke me up at 1:51. I was awake long enought to realize what is was and just fell back to sleep. (I work the midnight shift so I sleep in the morning hours)

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I was at work in downtown Louisville, KY on the 10th floor of a building. It gently rocking for about 20 seconds, then swaying for another minute or so.

A friend of mine 2 blocks from me didn't feel it on the 1st floor.

First time I'd felt one -- the last one that Louisville felt (in 2008) I was out of town and didn't experience.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was at work in Borden, Ont. and felt it on the second story of my building, and my wife was home and complained of a dizzy feeling. When she saw one of our plants swaying she said it was impossible for the plant to be dizzy too :D

At least it wasn't as bad as the 7.2 aftershock I experienced while working down in Haiti last year...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
M5.8 – Virginia
se082311a_ciim_zoomout.jpg

‎1. Click on the "zoom" out map
2. Determine if you live in Central VA or not.
3. If NOT, admit that you are a sissy girl
4. Have a nice day

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I was home sick asleep on the couch. I've been dizzy for the past 4 days so I just though it was me, then when it got worse I was wondering if my couch was possessed.......by the time I really woke up and realized the whole house was shaking, it was just about done.

So, I did what every good red-blooded American does these days, I checked Facebook. LOL

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I was home sick asleep on the couch. I've been dizzy for the past 4 days so I just though it was me, then when it got worse I was wondering if my couch was possessed.......by the time I really woke up and realized the whole house was shaking, it was just about done.

So, I did what every good red-blooded American does these days, I checked Facebook. LOL

My phone literally blew up with Facebook updates here in Virginia within 30 seconds of the quake!

Facebook: gives you the news first!

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I heard of some people in Michigan saying they felt it too. I didn't feel anything but then I'm on the west cost of the state.

I was in an earth quake in Washington State back a few years back. I was outside working residential construction, there was a work truck next to me and it looked like it was going down a bumpy trail even through it was parked.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man, those are going around like crazy. I can't to see how the East Coasters retaliate when California is shut down because of an inch of snow.

Schools and government buildings close in Virginia for an inch of snow. :rolleyes:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Bunch of wusses.

NE is where it's at. Little earthquake? Move along, nothing to see here. 3 feet of snow? Oh, must be time to put the shorts away.

I'll never live further north than VA for that distinct reason...I hate snow. Even more than snow I could not deal with not riding for 3-5 months each winter! 1-2 months of unsuitable FZ6 weather is bad enough.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll never live further north than VA for that distinct reason...I hate snow. Even more than snow I could not deal with not riding for 3-5 months each winter! 1-2 months of unsuitable FZ6 weather is bad enough.

The plus side to living up here, when we get a snow storm, we know our houses will still be standing when it's done.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The plus side to living up here, when we get a snow storm, we know our houses will still be standing when it's done.

They build for snow load in the Mid-atlantic too...we do get a freak blizzard every 5 years or so.

The benefit of NY snow storms is you actually have a DOT with enough equipment to clear the roads! In Virginia a snow storm means that most backroads are packed snow/ice for up to a week! Only intersections and highways are salted. It's the drawback we take for not having our vehicles destroyed by salt every winter. :(;)

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
They build for snow load in the Mid-atlantic too...we do get a freak blizzard every 5 years or so.

The benefit of NY snow storms is you actually have a DOT with enough equipment to clear the roads! In Virginia a snow storm means that most backroads are packed snow/ice for up to a week! Only intersections and highways are salted. It's the drawback we take for not having our vehicles destroyed by salt every winter. :(;)

Touche, Sir. Touche.