Anyone delete pass. pegs

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
Considering going to a rear seat cowl as I ride alone. Anyone remove their passenger pegs to "clean" up the rear? Any pics? Search function turned up ditto.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Heck yea. Also ditched hugger and center stand. I left the bolts in the holes to block them off and keep crap from getting in there. Maybe I'll remove them and fill with something removable and black. I'm not going two up on this bike anyway.

The only thing I miss with the passenger pegs gone is they gave my helmet something to lay on when on the helmet lock; they also served as a place to secure my saddlebags. When "saddle bag use" season comes, if I cannot get the bags on securely, I might put the pegs back on.

These pics were before I ditched the front reflectors.

4214466350_f38f678d62.jpg

4213695377_62100d62c6.jpg

Dennis

djstrong

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to remove my rear pegs, However, I use the peg braceto lift the bike on the centerstand. I use the centerstand regularly. If I remove the rear pegs, it seemed like I would not be able to lift up as well, but I havent tried it, maybe I should. I could take off just the right side Rear peg, but it would look funny.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I was going to remove my rear pegs, However, I use the peg braceto lift the bike on the centerstand. I use the centerstand regularly. If I remove the rear pegs, it seemed like I would not be able to lift up as well, but I havent tried it, maybe I should. I could take off just the right side Rear peg, but it would look funny.

Ummm something wrong with using the rather large and conviently placed big 'passenger handles' several inches above the passenger pegs??? lol

Can't say I've ever used the rear pegs to help the bike onto the centerstand.

Beisdes, if you are doing it correctly, you don't really need to do much "lifting" as it's all weight transfer and teqnique to put the bike up on the center stand; not lifting and force.

This vid demostrates proper "technique" and as you can see, he only needs his hand on the rear of the bike just to stabilize/direct it and not for actual lifitng. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTDCcQsDj2o"]YouTube- Puting bike on center stand[/ame]

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had removed mine, but when I went to strap on my 85-liter travel bag there was nothing to strap the front to! They're back on now. :rolleyes: