Anybody have an Arrow exhaust?

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
AFAIK, Arrow is a well respected exhaust and reasonably priced for the FZ6, yet I come up pretty blank with searches here, Google and youtube. One vid of very high revs is about all i find. Anybody here got one? Recommended? Not recommended? It's a few bucks more than Scorps and about $100 less than Leos, but I like the look and the sound of my buddy's Arrow on his Aprilia.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
All I know is that they do a de-cat pipe and that a few people have installed it and are happy. I'm going to get the scorpion decat pipe for mine as I have the Scorpion end cans. I've seen their exhausts on other bikes and they look nice. Damn loud though and I haven't seen any road legal ones. You got any pics of Arrow exhausts on the FZ6???

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. Personally I prefer my Scorpions or the TwoBros. They look like the Leo-Vince which I don't like. I know it's all personal opinion and for every 50 people who don't like them there are 50 who do but personally I don't! :p

For me, I like the conical ends rather than the flat ended scorps with the exhaust pipe (for lack of a beter term) sticking out. Also like the dull finish better than shiny SS scorps. That said, if I don't get any positive feedback on Arrows, I'll prolly go with the tried and true scorps, maybe titanium to avoid the polished SS.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about buying them before I found a used set of Scorpions. They look nice and they don't stick of the back so far like many brands do. They have actual mounting tabs, not cheap clamps like most have. Also, most after market manufactures have crappy Y pipes, but the Arrows are true Y pipes. I say buy them.

..: Arrow Special Parts :..
http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/A0040/ProductID/358988
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/5024

Also check out IXIL. They have true mount and a great Y-pipe.
http://www.ixil.com/HTML/indexIN.html
http://www.exoticsportbike.com/fz62.htm
http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/home.php?cat=32236

Last edited:

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
AFAIK, Arrow is a well respected exhaust and reasonably priced for the FZ6, yet I come up pretty blank with searches here, Google and youtube. One vid of very high revs is about all i find. Anybody here got one? Recommended? Not recommended? It's a few bucks more than Scorps and about $100 less than Leos, but I like the look and the sound of my buddy's Arrow on his Aprilia.

+1

I'm teetering on the edge of just having my stock muffler gutted and rebuilt for tone and a small amount of volume or just getting a set of slip-ons with some serious db killers.

These look like they might be a good option because of the large can/opening ratio. Any video or sound clips?

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
+1

Any video or sound clips?

That's the problem. I've found only one vid clip on youtube - apparently from Spain - which was not very good to start with and now show up as "error - try again later." I'm having a tough time being the guinea pig rather than sticking with tried and true.

wdsoccer

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an arrow exhaust on my 04 fz6 (was on there when I bought it). Bought a two bros cause of the sound and look. Arrow was a good exhaust I jus wanted something louder.

I have it for sale if u r interested

cameronlee99

Reaction score
Visit site
or just get the carbon fiber, to avoid the bling look. i am looking @ getting scorps carbon fiber, and plus u dont have to remap with scorps! :)

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an arrow exhaust on my 04 fz6 (was on there when I bought it). Bought a two bros cause of the sound and look. Arrow was a good exhaust I jus wanted something louder.

I have it for sale if u r interested

I don't suppose you have any video with the Arrow on the bike, do you?

bard

Secret Soi Rider
Reaction score
Visit site

I got Arrow 1/2 system, (Cat replacement and slipons) Titanium one. Sound is loader and deeper than Akrapovic (my buddy got that) and it's a true race sound from it when you rev it. I highly recommend it as it looks very good on the bike and the sound is brilliant, not a rough sound as some other systems but deep nice at idle and screaming like a race bike on high revs. I will make a video of it and post it here via youtube in a couple of days.

bard

Secret Soi Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a video clip I put together of my Arrow.

Cheers Bard
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ChkU4tvqSY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Yahama FZ6 with Arrow cat tube and slipons[/ame]

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Any1 still using arrow exhaust? does the givi luggage (not the yamaha oem where it clamps onto the pillion grab rail) rack fit after installing the exhaust?