Anybody else on the forum taking Grad classes?

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just trying to get a feel of how many fellow nerds are out there. I seem to drift in and out on this website during a class or two.

-Nick

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still technically in grad school although I'm done with courses for my master's in Chemistry.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my thesis, which I turn in to my committee on the 10th.

What are you studying and how far along are you?

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Chackster, I did my medical school in SUNY Buffalo..finished in 2003. I am taking an epidemiology class in the evenings at the Harvard extension school. I need it for my fellowship.

Chackster

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey small world. Well we've got our big cardio final on Friday. Your class probably had Dr. Hogan too. Dr. Heffner did a bunch of path this block as well. What fellowship are you going into? What did you do for residency?

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, had Dr. Hogan. Don't remember Heffner...I did an OB/GYN residency and now am doing an MFM fellowship at Mass General.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey smarty-pants :cheer:
I'm not taking any grad classes, but what is your major?

I have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and while currently working, I'm taking classes for a Master's degree in Systems Engineering.

It's good to see others on the forum are in a similar situation or will be soon.

-Nick

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Ph.D. in Biology and I teach at a small college in Michigan.

I often surf the forum in between my classes (or while I'm watching students sweat through my exams!). :thumbup:

nskitts

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, there are some highly educated folks on here...I wish I had the focus and passion it takes to get the advanced degrees. I just haven't found anything that inspires me to dedicate myself...I think I just said I'm lazy.

sasper

Reaction score
Visit site
I finished my MS-CS at Vanderbilt in 2007, continuing in the PhD program. Done with the prelims. Looking at another 2 years before I graduate. Here is my webpage - Akshay Dabholkar and my advisor's page Douglas C. Schmidt's Welcome Page if that matters.

Again, I waste a whole lot time on motorcycle forums than I should be doing.
Nice! A fellow CS nerd. I graduated with a BS in CS in 2007 and am working as an IT Consultant. I think I am going to head to grad school in the next couple of years for my MBA. I don't want to be pigeon-holed into a life of coding & system architecture, even though I am a geek. Major props on the Masters and hope the Phd goes well! I know how much work both are

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't touched one since I finished my MA in Education way back in 1994 from CU.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
My fiance's working on her MBA while working full-time.

I'm working on my BS in ME while working full-time.

We both work for the same university, but taking the classes elsewhere, so we are both reimbursed 80% of the tuition per class. It's quite nice.