Any kits for extending handlebars?

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on doing a lot more traveling on my bike this year. I want to extend my handlebars back and up 2". Right now I have back and up 1". Does anyone know of a kit to extend the throttle, brake, and clutch lines? Is it easy to find these pieces?

Thanks

Clay

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if you're going to find a kit. You might have to end up buying new lines individually. I'm assuming you already have a handlebar risers or some in mind. If you have them, put them on and see what lines do(n't) reach. Use string or yarn to follow the lines you'll need to replace and measure the length you need. That or just get lines that are a few inches longer than stock.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
if you have a naked the wiring and throttle cables are threaded into the frame differently to the fared version so it is all tidier behind the headlight. this means even 1 up and 1 back risers will put strain on the wires etc
I put Hel brake lines on and they were custom made a bit longer to accommodate the riser, I then started to re route the cables but when I got to the wiring, turning lock to lock was going to pull on the wiring so I abandoned the idea.
OTOH a faired version has much more slack so it might be a goer of you can find the riser you want
maybe look at different bars instead

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I plan on doing a lot more traveling on my bike this year. I want to extend my handlebars back and up 2". Right now I have back and up 1". Does anyone know of a kit to extend the throttle, brake, and clutch lines? Is it easy to find these pieces?

Thanks

Clay

Hey Clay, where did you find your 1" up and 1" back? Found them on twistedthrottle.com but those are too expensive imo ($115 + shipping).