Anti fog

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard that the best way to have a fog-proof visor is to get the pin lock set up. It can be expensive depending on brand of helmet though.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay..You won't mistake the name and rub it on your lips cuz you think it's lip balm...

This stuff work great for me!
Thanks for reminding me, I have to get more. REI has it. Probably any good sporting goods store carries it.
41ADIJFFDAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

jresch10

Sarcastic American
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying something I found on the interwebs that has worked so far on a 52° night. I'll see how well it works when it's 34° in the morning.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay..You won't mistake the name and rub it on your lips cuz you think it's lip balm...

This stuff work great for me!
Thanks for reminding me, I have to get more. REI has it. Probably any good sporting goods store carries it.
41ADIJFFDAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DUDE, what does it smell like?:BLAA:

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a bottle of rain-x and fog-x from autozone for like 5$ a pop. Rain-x on the outside, Fog-X on the inside - seems to work like a charm.

That and I bought gloves that have little squeegee's on each fingertip so I can squeegee any water off the visor.

That's how I roll.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I, like a couple of others have mentioned, have moved on from Rainex, Cat Crap, etc, and gone to the wonders of a pinlock visor system....got this on my Shoei, and it's pretty much foolproof in all actualities..

:thumbup:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I use stuff called Clarify which I found on WebBikeWorld.com. It works great. The only issue I had this weekend was I remembered to put it on my visor, but forgot to put it on my sunglasses DOH!!

Tiger Eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely Rain-x not to be used on plastics. This is due to the chemical used it hardens the plastic to cause a brittleness when exposed to UV light. Not something you what to be happening to your helmet. That said the guys I rode with in the UK had all the tricks but still used both rain-s and fog-x. Shark make a helmet with a small lever that is meant to be a anti-fog thingy so far I haven't forked out for it

Dave

pulverizer

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for Pinlock. I have it on my shoei qwest after the stock shield was a fog monster below 60 degrees. Now I just have my glasses fogging up on me...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
used it on my helmets for years, never a problem....

:thumbup:

Interesting fact about some plastics is there are many types with varied sensitivities to chemicals.

I was with a coworker in the graphics department of a trade show company I worked for and our graphics guy had a 2 inch cylindrical piece of acrylic/lexan/plexiglass, what ever it was. It was clear and there was a 1/2" blind hole about 1/2 inch deep in the end of it. He could see there was oil in the hole and he wiped it out with a rag. There were still traces of oil in the hole so I think he squirted alcohol in the hole and wiped it then lacquer thinner. There was a pop and we could feel little shards of plastic bits hit us. The plastic/acrylic exploded at the end that was exposed to the chemicals.
Whatever happened there was enough force to cause instant disruption of the molecules and caused the plastic to fracture and propel away at a high velocity. :eek:

We were lucky because we didn't have protective eyeware on at the time. :rolleyes:

Even if it's a slow process some chemicals may change plastics/acrylic properties over long term or with the addition of other elements and conditions. :D

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody ever tried good old fashioned spit just like divers use in their face mask....lol

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk