Another Track Day Vid - FZ6 vs. FZ6 v.2

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
It's short, but not quite as short as the last.

I'm out front in the ugly green/black/white frog suit, massimo is driving the camera equipped bike. The pace is fairly relaxed as I'm trying to keep my a$$ in view :D and periodically wait for massimo (he's a really good rider, just brand new to knee-dragging)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDebE1Fwbes"]YouTube - FZ6 vs. FZ6 at Putnam w/ NESBA v2[/ame]

I blow an apex or two as well so flame on.

Putnam Park, Indiana.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's short, but not quite as short as the last.

I'm out front in the ugly green/black/white frog suit, massimo is driving the camera equipped bike. The pace is fairly relaxed as I'm trying to keep my a$$ in view :D and periodically wait for massimo (he's a really good rider, just brand new to knee-dragging)

YouTube - FZ6 vs. FZ6 at Putnam w/ NESBA v2

I blow an apex or two as well so flame on.

Putnam Park, Indiana.
Hi Defy,
Is the track paved with concrete? Does this type of surface eat your tyres?
I also noticed that there are a few large cracks on the surface do the tyres cope OK with it.

Nelly

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Defy,
Is the track paved with concrete? Does this type of surface eat your tyres?
I also noticed that there are a few large cracks on the surface do the tyres cope OK with it.

Nelly

It's asphalt (regular black top) but it's a shell based asphalt from what I understand. This particular track has a reputation for major grip and shredding tires...I did more damage to my tires than I ever had before and it was not very warm (sorry, no pics of the tires).

The cracks were not too much of an issue...they look worse in the video than they are...the seam in T4 did send me into a breif two-tire slide more than once but I was already pushing my pilot powers too far at that point.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video, Nate, your form is smooth, and it looks like a nice flowing circuit. I noticed the speedo wasn't taped over, is this acceptable with NESBA?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video, Nate, your form is smooth, and it looks like a nice flowing circuit. I noticed the speedo wasn't taped over, is this acceptable with NESBA?

Thanks, looking forward to getting towed around the track by you some time.

NESBA and STT both allow a visible speedo....I think they informally make a lot of the n00bs tape over their speedos though, especially at big tracks like Road America.

Man, you are really awesome on the track. Ever thought of racing??? I really need to get to a track school.

I'm not awesome, dude. And about racing, racing is VERY dangerous....not sure if I'll ever give it a go but I've definitely thought about it, a lot.

Stop doing mods and go do a track day.