agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I bought these about 18 months ago and tried to fit them to my FZ6n but there is just not enough slack in the cables and wiring on a naked to allow for lock to lock movement of the bars.
So I will post some pics tomorrow, but to give you the drum, I have tried to fit them once, so they have had the bolts through them and the bars resting in the cradle and then the top fixing plate in place. They have never been ridden with!
I am asking $80 plus postage and packaging to anywhere you would like them to be sent. That seems to be the going price.
Paypal works for me.
first in, first served, and I'll find out how much to mail them to your location.
if the postage is too high and you back out, next in line gets a shot.

Anyone with a naked, my advice is "It doesnt work!" unless you want to totally re-route the cables to the other side of the frame, it could work I just put that in the too-hard basket!

any questions ----fire away!

SOLD

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
bbbbbBBBBBUMP

any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Im gonna check postage rates this morning and see how monumental it is!!!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
alright, so the interest has been less than I thought.
just to keep this as enticing as possible I'll throw postage in on the deal.
So in effect a discount to the US of $13 and a discount to most of Europe and the UK of $19.

So $80 Aus into my paypal and I'll package it in Australia Post padded bag and send it airmail. Delivery is somewhere between 7-14 days, according to the nice fella at the post office.

Heres a pic so you know that they are pretty much new. They are 31mm up and 22mm back. As I said above I fitted them and couldn't get lock to lock without stretching cables AND THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT...On a naked the cables and wiring go across the head stem behind the headlight into the opposite side of the frame compared to a FZ with a fairing. This is done to hide the cables etc, behind the headlight and can be overcome by re-routing them, if you really want to. But it is not an issue with a faired bike. This is the only reason I am putting them up for sale.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: another set of Motech bar risers for sale now only $70

alright, so the interest has been less than I thought.
just to keep this as enticing as possible I'll throw postage in on the deal.
So in effect a discount to the US of $13 and a discount to most of Europe and the UK of $19.
price drop to $70Aus

I'll package it in Australia Post padded bag and send it airmail. Delivery is somewhere between 7-14 days, according to the nice fella at the post office.

Heres a pic so you know that they are pretty much new. They are 31mm up and 22mm back. As I said above I fitted them and couldn't get lock to lock without stretching cables AND THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT...On a naked the cables and wiring go across the head stem behind the headlight into the opposite side of the frame compared to a FZ with a fairing. This is done to hide the cables etc, behind the headlight and can be overcome by re-routing them, if you really want to. But it is not an issue with a faired bike. This is the only reason I am putting them up for sale.

new price folks bumpity bump

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone with a naked, my advice is "It doesnt work!" unless you want to totally re-route the cables to the other side of the frame, it could work I just put that in the too-hard basket!

Just reroute the front end of the cables to the inside of the forks instead of the outside, will take you just a few minutes.

also, snip any zip ties under the tank holding the cables.

done.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks I'll have a look on the weekend and maybe withdraw the sale
i had re routed the cables but not done anything about the wiring so will look for the zip ties

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
well if you still want to rid yourself of them, I'll take them, but if you managed to get it to work....congrats :BLAA:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
PM your details and I'll get them in the mail.
I'll pm my paypal details to you

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
sorry, I jumped the gun there. Just saw on the dealer website, that they may have the holy grail (i.e. mirror extenders for the 05 model) on there. So if I have to get something off there anyway it doesn't make sense to get yours all the way from Oz.
So retraction of offer - sorry about that!! :spank: