Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tried out Nero 9 for editing. Not many effects etc. but seemed to do the job OK

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmY3-HBwS_g]YouTube - FZ1 Sweepers[/ame]

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to do a facepalm to myself. For the first 20 seconds or so all that was going through my head was "why on Earth is he keeping to the oncoming traffic lane." Then of course it hit me that it was Australia.

Great video

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Vid.....but did you remember to pick up the milk you were "just popping out" to get???

;)

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
What I like about this video, is the lane discipline.....good lines, smooth on the gas and off, and the fact that no one else is at risk.

Really impressed more and more by how smooth the video from the GoPro set ups are.

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see someone enjoying the bike in a 'responsible' way.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice easy riding video there. Only thing I noticed is that when the GoPro gets some bounce it squashes the scence a little but it's not too bad. That sounded like 3rd gear the whole time, am I right? I don't think I heard a single shift (not saying that's bad the road didn't need it just curious :thumbup:)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Vid.....but did you remember to pick up the milk you were "just popping out" to get???

;)

That was taking the young bloke from work out on his Pirate Bike. I told him, "Driveways, little traffic, but watch farm machinery. I'll slow down on straight bits to get you back in sight....enjoy...lets go"...lol.

Stopped for a counterie at the Crown, and his grin told me the whole story....Loved it. He's coming up to be a good rider, with the right sort of mindset.:rockon: Knows his limits and bike.

What I like about this video, is the lane discipline.....good lines, smooth on the gas and off, and the fact that no one else is at risk.

Really impressed more and more by how smooth the video from the GoPro set ups are.

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see someone enjoying the bike in a 'responsible' way.

Staying in your lane is no guarantee of not getting cleaned up, but it certainly beats the carp outta your chances in the oncoming traffic lane, is how I look at it:thumbup:. There are a few spots with driveways along there, and slowing down for them is also part of the way I try to ride now. There's good runoff (compared to any other roads here) and very little traffic. But unless you go reasonably quickly, it's too open to really enjoy it.

The Go Pro is an amazing little camera. I sort of wish I could zoom etc. sometimes.....but for what it is, it is really quite awesome.

I had to do a facepalm to myself. For the first 20 seconds or so all that was going through my head was "why on Earth is he keeping to the oncoming traffic lane." Then of course it hit me that it was Australia.

Great video

LOL..Cheers. One day I'm gonna mirror a vid for all the Northern folk:D

Nice road! Whew!:rockon:

My favourite.:D I don't do it very often. Keeps it fresh for me and keeps me out of trouble....lol. I think most people seem to treat it the same way.

And I've done the whole 50km-ish run loads of times without seeing a single car or bike on the road.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice road... really made for going fast :)

That's a little slower than I like to go, but I did have a young bloke following me, so I had to keep slowing down to get him back in sight.

Nice easy riding video there. Only thing I noticed is that when the GoPro gets some bounce it squashes the scence a little but it's not too bad. That sounded like 3rd gear the whole time, am I right? I don't think I heard a single shift (not saying that's bad the road didn't need it just curious :thumbup:)

Actually, there's some places where I was waiting for my mate, and you can sorta see a couple of them...lol...nearly stopped...then there's some driveway sections I back off for. But some of those 11,000 rpm bits were in 4th, and even one in 5th I think. It's a very fast road.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site

lol it's the first time I hear someone say that 250km/h on a public road is "responsible" :rof:

I haven't ridden in over a month.... this vid makes me feel the withdraw even more! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
lol it's the first time I hear someone say that 250km/h on a public road is "responsible" :rof:

I haven't ridden in over a month.... this vid makes me feel the withdraw even more! :rockon:

C'mon now son! I got watcha need! MonteeeZooooma! :Sport:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

LMFAO....well....Responsible-ish:thumbup::BLAA:

Actually, I came around one bend, doing.....well....a lot of KM/h (not quite see above, but close,) and there was a couple standing next to a car on the side of the road, about 500m/1/4mile-ish ahead and they were staring at me with eyes like dinner plates and mouths wide open....oops! Sprung! I slowed down to see if they need help, and they just waved me on giving me the thumbs up and laughing their @$$es off.:rockon: Bloody hoons:thumbup:

But the point is, you can see far enough ahead to pull up and stop if someone needs a hand for instance. So it is sort of responsible I guess:BLAA:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome vid man - really enjoyed the atmosphere: high speed, cloudy weather, empty road and awesome music - great stuff :rockon::thumbup:

One question: you said you used nero 9? Is that nero as in Nero burner - the CD/DVD recording software? If so, is that a separate product from the same company or does it come standard with their disc burning software? I just saw that the Nero burner 9 sells for just $40 so I might buy a copy for the video editing.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
lol Cliff you don't even know how much I am ready for it!!!

:rof: Mike... we have the same definition of "responsible"... i.e. if I can stop the bike in 500meters or less, I am being "safe" :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
One question: you said you used nero 9? Is that nero as in Nero burner - the CD/DVD recording software? If so, is that a separate product from the same company or does it come standard with their disc burning software? I just saw that the Nero burner 9 sells for just $40 so I might buy a copy for the video editing.

I don't think the basic package ($40) comes with the video editing software... you'll need the ULTRA edition I believe.

On the other hand if you're looking for a GREAT consumer editing software I`d highly recommend Cyberlink Power Director... it is VERY well made and will upload to Youtube in the proper resolution automatically for you... great piece of software for beginners and average users.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome vid man - really enjoyed the atmosphere: high speed, cloudy weather, empty road and awesome music - great stuff :rockon::thumbup:

As Wavex said, you'll need the suite, and that's a bit more dosh....and if you're gonna spend that much I'd go with either of two.

Cyberlink, power director.

Or

Adobe Premiere Elements 8

The list of can and can't do's on a site I was checking out said the Adobe one is slightly superior.....but it wasn't by much:thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
If you've got a Sony HD camera (AVCHD), stay away from Premiere... else it's a great software too (little less powerful on export options, but more editing options).

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you've got an Sony HD camera (AVCHD), stay away from Premiere... else it's a great software too (little less powerful on export options, but more editing options).

I'm still tossing up between the two...lol...Now that I've found Nero can stop the choppy playback I'm happy to take my time and get the right one, so thanks for the advice:thumbup: