Animal on road

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
So driving down off the mountain on Saturday night, a little after midnight (so technically Sunday morning) I see an animal in the road ahead of me. I initially assume/think its a deer, then it starts running in front of me in my headlights, which is when I see the long tail and huge paws... It was a mountain lion! Thats when I quickly roll up the window on the truck.:eek::scared: It ran down the road ahead of me and then up into the trees.
Sunday morning I found out that someone else had seen a mountain lion on Saturday, a few miles SE in another area on the mountain, where tracks were often seen in the snow this past Winter. Probably the same one.

Things like that are why I always carry a camera with me at work. We often see deer and elk, and less so moose and bear. Never seen a mountain lion before though. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to get a picture.

WenMark

Reaction score
Visit site
Man that is cool. When I was living in Florida near Orlando I saw a panther with cubs at about 10pm. I was the coolest sight I think I ever saw. I like to think their is still natural things left to see in the world. :rockon:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Living in Colorado can be quite an adventure! Last Friday night, a bear ran out into the road in front of me and I can't keep flowers 'uncovered' or the deer will think there's something new on the salad bar!
We have seen cougar in the neighborhood and some of the newer residents wonder where their cats are! Fidiots!
Ain't it fun!?!?!