Angeles Crest, pics from today

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Mostro and I went up on ACH today to enjoy the empty roads on a weekday. We took Tujunga to ACH and rode all the way to Wrightwood. Tujunga entrance is paved now btw so no more of that gravel crap. Weather was awesome and there was no traffic whatsoever. At one point we stopped to take pictures and there wasn't a single car passing for about 10-15 minutes. :thumbup: On the way down, we saw a blue 07-08 fizzer going up, whoever that is come forward right now. :BLAA:

It was an interesting day overall, as I was waiting at the gas station a guy dropped his Goldwing at the intersection. Then I found 40 bucks on the floor. Then we went up and took a bunch of pictures up there. Here is some that I took..and I bet Mostro has much better ones since he had an actual digital camera.

There was one moment that I really wished that i could have taken a picture of. It was the end of the ride and we were both exhausted from the ride and the heat. As we were in motion, rolling out of a seven eleven parking lot, this meth-head came up to Mostro asking for a cigarette :eek: Mostro had full gear on and both hands on the bars.. It was priceless..

Last edited:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Bugs were attacking Mostro...they bit him. In the first picture I think there is one on his shoulder..

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
bastards!!!

Mike, that $40 was mine... glad you found them for me :D

Did you go help that Goldwing dude? what about rider brotherwood??? :Flip:

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats good to hear that Tujunga entrance is paved...So do anyone know or have heard rumors about when the 2 will be opened from the 210. It's a shame that right after it was repaved the fire ruined it. I never even got a chance to try it during the couple months it was in prestine condition.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
bastards!!!

Mike, that $40 was mine... glad you found them for me :D

Did you go help that Goldwing dude? what about rider brotherwood??? :Flip:

I dont help people who dont wave back at me bro :Flip:

Seriously tho, his buddy and other people helped him so I didnt bother..he should have been on a trike like his buddy..:rof:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Where is this? I'm looking for places to ride. New to this so, open to all routes.

--terry

This is pretty much north of Glendale/Pasadena. There are a bunch of members who ride this pretty regularly. You are welcome to join us on the next ride :thumbup:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think they'll ever re-open it... I heard the damage was too bad...

Yeah we rode down (thanks to this old bastard who lied to us and said it is opened like he knew :spank:)and it was closed at Mt Wilson. Maybe they are moving up and fixing who knows, I wish there was a ACH status update website :D

mostro

Previous FZ6'er
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll try to post up my pics soon. I was playing with the Canon S90, fantastic IQ for such a portable camera.

mostro

Previous FZ6'er
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some pics from the S90. all shot on 'auto' settings, no editing except resize and blanking out the license plates where needed

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Yeah we rode down (thanks to this old bastard who lied to us and said it is opened like he knew :spank:)and it was closed at Mt Wilson. Maybe they are moving up and fixing who knows, I wish there was a ACH status update website :D

CHP has about the latest updates--
Road Conditions

Just put SR2 in the search box.

Jerry

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Here's some pics from the S90. all shot on 'auto' settings, no editing except resize and blanking out the license plates where needed

How does the S90 handle? is it easy to see the LCD in the sun? do you have any more pics with more shadow and bright areas, it looks like it has very good dynamic range. Not that I need another camera;) but I've always liked the Canon line and am just curious about the S90 from an actual user's point of view:D

Jerry