Amy Winehouse found dead

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
belgrade-amy-winehouse-300x.jpg

The 27-year-old star had been battling drink and drug problems for years. Police are treating her death as unexplained.

She was last seen in public last week at the iTunes festival, appearing on stage with her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield.

Celebrities were quick to post their tributes on Twitter, JLS posed: “Amy Winehouse you will be a LEGEND in all out hearts!” While Fearne Cotton called Amy a “special girl.”

Demi Moor tweeted: “Truly sad news about Amy Winehouse. My heart goes out to her family. May her troubled soul find peace.”

Amy rose to fame with her first album, Frank, in 2003. Her debut was nominated for a Mercury Music Prize, but it was her second album, Back To Black, which secured her place as a global superstar.

The album sold millions worldwide, but as her success grew, her private life became more tumultuous. Many blamed her then husband Blake Fielder-Civil for her descent into drug and drink addiction.

The pair married in Miami following a whirlwind relationship. Much of Black To Black was inspired by Blake, who was in a relationship with someone else when they began seeing each other. She said herself the “whole marriage was based on doing drugs.”

The pair divorced in 2009, but Amy was already in the grip of her addiction. Repeated trips to rehab proved unsuccessful, attempts at recording a third album yielded also failed.

Last month her management announced that she would retire from performing live indefinitely after a concert in Belgrade saw her booed off stage. She was slurring her words, forgetting lyrics and struggling to stay upright.

She was found dead in her home in Camden Square, north London at around 4pm by the emergency services.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
The folks are already lamenting the loss of this 'great talent'. Well, if you are weak and get pulled into drugs and alcohol you often suffer the consequences. Too bad for her death, but lets not claim she was an appropriate role model for her generation. Another example of someone living hard and dieing early.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
She was only 27?! Wow, I guess that's what substance abuse does to you, among other things. I thought she was way older than that. lol! Not my kind of music, and I don't feel sorry for druggies that off themselves, but it is too bad another decent vocalist is no more, especially at such a young age.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Guess she should've gone to rehab...:ban:

What??? Someone had to say it, darn it! :D

In all seriousness, it is a sad story, but I agree with whoever said earlier that she shouldn't be treated like a great ambassador for her generation. She had issues and demons and, unfortunately, she couldn't overcome them.

I would also STRONGLY agree with Humpy...I think the death toll is now over 90??? And THIS is what we're talking about???

I'd much rather discuss the events in Norway. THAT is a tragedy.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sorry for the family of Amy Winehouse, and all that liked her as an artist, but I am sorry more for how all of Norway must be feeling being thrust into the limelight by the bizarre actions and beliefs of one crazy man, reminds me of pt arthur and hoddle street, both sensless as well. Very sad times

Sent from the phone: sorry 'bout my spileng, fat fingers...you know!

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it's creepy... close to Denmark and all over the news here!

There is nothing else in the news for us Norwegians. The Norwegian broadcasting corp kept their childrens channel, but all other channels are only sending news regarding the bombing and shooting. Apparently, this is the biggest one-person shooting spree worldwide. So far, 85 are confirmed dead, and 67 are hospitalised from the shooting alone. The bombing has resulted in 7 confirmed dead. There are still several persons missing from both the shooting spree and the bombing.

These are sad times in Norway!

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully Amy Winehouse will find her peace in the afterlife since she couldn't find it in her 27 years here on Earth.

Sadly, her obituary was written long ago. All they filled in was the date and location.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday, 84 teenagers were gunned down and killed in Norway.:( Yet we have a thread for this Junkie :shakehead:

As a Norwegian living 10 kms from the bomb site, I actually thought about starting a thread about the massacres here in Norway, but then I decided I didn't want to start such a thread myself. It didn't feel right to me. :(

Someone else feel free to start, and I'll participate though. (OK, I'm weird that way...)