am i justified in being angry?

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
here is the story, I purchased a new ICON jacket last friday evening. After placing the order i looked further at the site and realized teh company was only 30 min from my house, and that the next day (sat) i would only be about 10 min away from them. I quickly called them and asked it i could pick it up... no answer, so i wrote an email asking them to email me back asap so i could pick it up. No reply to the email (yes they are open on sat) So now im a little annoyed, knowing that they completely ignored my email... Monday, i emailed them again, asking what had happeded, no reply... Tuesday i tried to call, both phone numbers had been dissconnected. Another email, no reply.

After the 3rd email, i got a pop up saying that the company was moving and their phones would be dissconnected, ok, understandable, but still doesnt explain not replying to emails... now its wed... email 4.. no reply... and i just got an email (not personal, just an auto reply) stating that my package was shipped fed ex from californa.. WTF?! why is my package in MARYLAND being shipped from CALIFORNIA.. and for that matter, why did it take almost a week to ship it?

im infureated, i wrote a very threatening email saying that im going to post how incompitant of a company they are on all the forums im a member of if they dont start replying to my emails> i know i may be over reacting, but in my point of view, if your going to move your company,a nd not reply to emails and shut your phones off, you need to close your business also. When you stay open but dont supply any customer support, you deserve that.. Freaking annoying..

and the worst part, when i typed the company name in with the word reviews, i got a TON of links stating how EVERYONE had this same problems with unaswered calls and slow shipping.

It just blows my mind that i can order something from halfway across the country, and that gets here faster than something that is only a 30 min drive away

</rant>

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A lot businesses operate with their warehouse/distribution center at another location. Most likely the place you wanted to go, they didn't have it in stock and had to order one and had it shipped to your address.

No execuse for not answering your e-mail.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like this is one of those middle-man comapnies like Dell. They down own the product, nor do they make it. They sell quantities then order from suppliers. Dell doesn't build any machines or laptops, they order them from the lowest bidder in large quantities.

This place? Doesn't stock anything, just brokers items from wholesale catalogs. Based on the order and shipping, you got about the norm... based on the lack of response, you got the right to be angry.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
One nice thing about buying from a store is you get to touch/feel the product and take it home.
Buying online can always be a crap shoot, may save $ but customer service can be lacking.
When buying from online stores I like to place my order by phone. Nice to be able to talk to a human or close to it to get details on product and shipping info.
Why not share the name of this fine establishment so we can stay away from their crappy service.

Last edited:

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Icon is located in California.

Have you ever moved from one house to another? Imagine moving an entire company. Cut them some slack.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Icon is located in California.

Have you ever moved from one house to another? Imagine moving an entire company. Cut them some slack.

If thats the case they should not be taking orders while they are moving, thats no excuse for not answering the phone or responding to emails. Please share the name of this online store so we can make sure to stay away.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
If they're moving and their phones were down, then their internet connection was likely down as well, at least at the call center.

Yet, in the midst of moving, they were still able to complete your order.

IMHO, you have no reason to be angry and no reason to try and tarnish this company's reputation.

Fred

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Remember we cannot control those around us, only our responses to them...relax, chalk it up to poor timing and enjoy your new stuff! After you chill out go for a ride.:thumbup:

lilfuzz

Team Shenanigens
Reaction score
Visit site
If you know where they are located so close to you. Pay them a visit by making a few angry faces in the parking lot with your bike. We used to do it all the time in the high school lot. It was funny and I just like the smell of burning rubber:rockon:.