Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:Flash:A little music while you read this....:Flash:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZBgHBHQT8]X Files Theme Tune - YouTube[/ame]

I always likes the X-File where some black car pulls into guys garage, two men in black in shades jump out of the car and say something like, "If you barely understand how the human eye works how can you say for sure what it is that you're seeing?" Then they jumped back into the car and and sped off.

From history of early man we know there were no words or explanation for a vehicle that flew through the air there was no word for such a thing let alone the concept of what a person was experiencing. We knew birds and bugs flew. That was petty much it. We may have evolved somewhat and now have additional ideas, words and mental concepts of what something out of the ordinary is, but how much closer are we to understanding than our early predecessors? This would include many aspects of what we experience, known and unknown to us....

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you say your immune system is intelligent? Would you say that the system that rebuilds your cellular structure is not intelligent?

I worked at a company that had it's parking lot re tarred. It was pretty thick and a heavy steam roller packed it all down tight. As the weeks went by I noticed a spot where the tar started to raise up a little and kept rising everyday until it started to crack. Eventually to my surprise, a tiny green chute appeared. I was amazed at how something so delicate had the power to overcome that thick tar. It's internal intelligence was not hindered by being anything else than what it was. It had overcome what to me was a great obstacle. I learned or unlearned a lot from that little plant....:D

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I worked at a company that had it's parking lot re tarred. It was pretty thick and a heavy steam roller packed it all down tight. As the weeks went by I noticed a spot where the tar started to raise up a little and kept rising everyday until it started to crack. Eventually to my surprise, a tiny green chute appeared. I was amazed at how something so delicate had the power to overcome that thick tar. It's internal intelligence was not hindered by being anything else than what it was. It had overcome what to me was a great obstacle. I learned or unlearned a lot from that little plant....:D

That's awesome, thanks.

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be me. Some of my best friends I believe to be aliens, I'm just afraid to ask :)

I'm wondering who the people are that don't believe. We had this discussion at work on day a few years ago. My boss said that the Bible says there is no life anywhere else, so there isn't. I asked him how he can believe, with all of the stars in THIS galaxy alone, that there isn't life anywhere else. His answer was simply, "If there is life out there, why have they not made themselves known?". WTF?? There is life here, but even if there was life on Mars or Venus, does this mean they'd know about us? What if life existed on Mars as it did with American Indians when the pilgrims came over. They probably thought the pilgrims were aliens, and in a way they were right. Little did they know what was gonna happen, if they had it would have been a Steven Spielberg movie with the pilgrims getting blasted by Indians using lazer guns and light sabers.

I digress... but I would like to here why some don't believe there is life on other planets.
well i voted no because unless i can actually see something with my own eyes or touch with my hands, then in my opinion its gossip
micro organisms have been found in the harshest enviroments on earth and they thrive.
so yes to life like this.
there may even be animals on distant planets or intelligent life,
but who am i to speculate.
unless i can see or touch, then i dont even give it a second thought.
i enjoy the sci-fi genre, i love the imagination of the writers and directors who bring to life what was words on a page.
i also like games like halo reach, because they are a way to indulge fantasy.
But that is all it is
ive heard so many stories about roswell and an incredible metal that keeps its shape,
where is the metal, the guy says i was ordered to give it back
if this metal was so fantastic, why did it shatter into pieces.
it is always the same result no evidence.
if i was abducted by aliens the very least i would do is take a souvenir home.
what is so great about the human race that aliens would visit in secret and do stupid pranks like making crop circles.
beam me up scotty im outta here :)

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
The size of our universe is immense. If we could travel at the speed of light we could not see the galaxy in our lifetime being slightly over 100,000 light years across. But we can't even reach 10% of it. If you assume that only 50% of stars have planets in the habitable zone (which recent research indicates that's a very, very conservative estimate), and that only 1% of those planets have habitable atmosphere and gravity (again extremely conservative) then there should be close to a million planets that life as we know it can exist in just our galaxy.

And there are more galaxies than there are stars in our galaxy. Not to mention that when the new radio telescope was pointed at a region of space thought to be dark, it picked up more galaxies. Another 10,000 or so I think. And some of these galaxies are so large they should not exist with our current understanding of physics.

Even an "intelligent design" person like myself, cannot believe that there are no other people in this universe. Why would an intelligent being create a universe so massive to just put us in it? It would indeed be an awful big waste of space. Not to mention that there is little chance we as humans will fill this universe, or see it all before the universe runs out of energy or time.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be the Bible thumper on this one, Psalm 9:1 says, The heavens declare the glory of God. Thats all they're there for. It may be fun to think that their is Aliens, but the math for everything to add up for life out there just won't add up. It dosen't matter who says that there is, there just isn't. I'll just stop here about my ranting.

Doc

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be the Bible thumper on this one, Psalm 9:1 says, The heavens declare the glory of God. Thats all they're there for. It may be fun to think that their is Aliens, but the math for everything to add up for life out there just won't add up. It dosen't matter who says that there is, there just isn't. I'll just stop here about my ranting.

Doc

"I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds." – Psalm 9:1 (NIV) :confused:

I personally believe that the Bible does not confirm nor deny the existence of life elsewhere in the universe, but agree with others that if there's not life elsewhere, it's a great, big waste of space & effort. The Drake Equation calculates that life elsewhere is an almost certainty. If the Bible states that there are no aliens, what the heck was Ezekiel's Wheel? Sure sounds like a spacecraft to me! Why would a Heavenly being require a "firey chariot" to travel in? And if He did travel on a chariot, we all know that it'd be an FZ6 (of course the faster blue one :D ).

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I said no but with a exception. I believe there may be life out there but I don't believe that its of the intelligent variety. What I believe that the circumstances here on earth were the perfect storm, so to say. The life that may exist I believe is one cell organisms and other simple life forms. :eyebrow:

F

FZ6 Naked!

this is a forum not a seminary please no preaching here

For many religions, it's impossible not to talk about the formation of life (even elsewhere) without religion being involved. The beginning of life in the old testament was from god, so the subject is linked by default.

Besides, everyone knows that if FSM wills it, his noodliness will cause it to come to pasta.

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
For many religions, it's impossible not to talk about the formation of life (even elsewhere) without religion being involved. The beginning of life in the old testament was from god, so the subject is linked by default.

Besides, everyone knows that if FSM wills it, his noodliness will cause it to come to pasta.
all religions are about censorship forum rules say no religion so unless you have special dispensation from the site.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
all religions are about censorship forum rules say no religion so unless you have special dispensation from the site.

Dude, chill out, this isn't a religious topic. No one is trying to preach to anyone, they're just telling us why they believe what they believe.

I have another question about this topic. Who decided what intelligent life is? Obviously us for the sake of this discussion, but wouldn't it be funny if in fact aliens have visited us in the past few decades and decided there's no intelligent life here? I mean look who we elected president, what does that say us? LOL

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, chill out, this isn't a religious topic. No one is trying to preach to anyone, they're just telling us why they believe what they believe.

I have another question about this topic. Who decided what intelligent life is? Obviously us for the sake of this discussion, but wouldn't it be funny if in fact aliens have visited us in the past few decades and decided there's no intelligent life here? I mean look who we elected president, what does that say us? LOL
i suppose so
yeah 2 terms of GWB :)

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
i suppose so
yeah 2 terms of GWB :)

Either one, take your pick. I'm not trying to turn this in to a political discussion anymore then anyone else is trying to turn this in to a religious one, but it stands to reason that to a more advanced race we may not be all that intelligent to them. We are a violent people, hell bent on destroying ourselves one way or another. Maybe (if aliens exist) they're just watching us to see what happens, whether or not they want to associate with the Earth scum. Anyone ever see Titan AE?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, personally being a Christian, I feel that people who deny verified science and plug their ears for the sake of staying comfortable are, well... ignorant. If properly verified and peer reviewed science disproves the Bible (which it doesn't so far), then so be it.

In all honesty, the burden of proof is on the one making the extraordinary claim. Besides, how does Pslams 19:1 disprove aliens? Wouldn't thousands of alien races also "proclaim the work of His hands"? I fail to see how being unique in the universe is a requirement to faith.